PDA

View Full Version : New dock connector on iPod Touch?

thegrandmaster
Oct 5, 2007, 08:25 PM
Hey guys,

I believe there is a new Dock Connector on the iPod Touch/iPhone.

Are old iPod cables compatible with the new connector, as in can I use the cable from my 5.5G Video and old 1G Nano with the Touch I intend to buy?

Thanks

queshy
Oct 5, 2007, 08:38 PM
When I had my 5 G I had a dock and a cable and today I got my touch - the touch comes with a dock adapter and the cable is identical.

This is something that has come up before on the forums, next time you should perform a search so as not to create repetitive threads. :)

thegrandmaster
Oct 5, 2007, 08:43 PM
Next time I shall.

Thankyou for answering my question though!

ipodtoucher
Oct 5, 2007, 08:43 PM
Hey guys,

I believe there is a new Dock Connector on the iPod Touch/iPhone.

Are old iPod cables compatible with the new connector, as in can I use the cable from my 5.5G Video and old 1G Nano with the Touch I intend to buy?

Thanks

yes the new ipod comes with a different connector, this is because you can disconnect the touch without having to eject the ipod!!! This is the coolest thing because if you are in a hurry you can quickly grab the ipod...I haven't tried to use my previous connector... But the new one doesn't have the locks

Cameront9
Oct 5, 2007, 09:22 PM
yes the new ipod comes with a different connector, this is because you can disconnect the touch without having to eject the ipod!!! This is the coolest thing because if you are in a hurry you can quickly grab the ipod...I haven't tried to use my previous connector... But the new one doesn't have the locks

Just to clarify, the cable that comes with the iPod is new and does not have locking prongs, but the dock connector itself is exactly the same.

thegrandmaster
Oct 6, 2007, 09:50 AM
Not having prongs is excellent!

Thanks guys!

donjuju
Oct 7, 2007, 06:52 AM
i've tried my ipod touch using previous generation ipod cables and it worked fine , its just bigger and locks .
-don-:apple: