Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

richard.mac

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 2, 2007
51.50024, -0.12662
so i just installed parallels 5160 with windows xp to use office 07 for uni work. ive never used parallels before, only boot camp. when windows is open and idle in the vm, parallels desktop is using between 50% and 100% of my cpu. is this normal? is it a problem with 5160? ive read that other people are getting around 5% cpu usage when the vm is idle.

also i may as well ask this now. ive got vista in boot camp for playing games as it seems to handle games better than xp on my macbook pro. i was just gonna install office 07 in boot camp and then use the boot camp partition in parallels. i know parallels cant handle aero so i didnt try to turn it on, but when i boot into boot camp parallels has some how disabled aero and i cannot select as its not there? wats the deal? anyone have this problem?

richard.mac

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 2, 2007
51.50024, -0.12662
anyone? help needed please and would be greatly appreciated. any parallels users post your opinions. i need to know whether i should downgrade

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.