PDA

View Full Version : Touch can't differentiate computer to computer networks vs internet connected nets

mojohanna
Oct 6, 2007, 06:32 AM
I was recently at a trade show with numerous wireless networks set up. Literally, the touch was detecting 15-20 networks. Some were locked, others were not, however, many that were unlocked did not allow you to connect to the net. When I fired up my laptop to see if I could get on with that, it turns out that probably 90% of the networks the touch was finding were simply computer to computer networks that were not connected to the net. The laptop listed the connections in two different categories. Not so on the touch.

Does anyone have any tips on how you can distinguish between the two with the touch?

The other thing I noticed is that the battery drained very quickly when searching all of these networks. It would seem to make sense that once a network was found and joined that the touch would stop scanning for other networks until you asked it to do so or the signal on the existing network became unstable. Maybe this already happens.