PDA

View Full Version : How can I make the 'Apple Pro Products' font?

applemax
Oct 6, 2007, 09:19 AM
Hi

How can I make text look like this (http://www.apple.com/finalcutstudio/) in CS3? I have the font (Myriad Pro Semibold) but how can I get the colour and can I save it as a font? If you've already done this, could you kindly post it? Thank you very much.

Scarlet Fever
Oct 6, 2007, 09:22 AM
I don't know about making it a font, but it looks like its just a gradient with some light monochromatic noise on it and a bezel around the edge.

applemax
Oct 6, 2007, 09:27 AM
I don't know about making it a font, but it looks like its just a gradient with some light monochromatic noise on it and a bezel around the edge.

How do I do a gradient on text? Never done that before.

Scarlet Fever
Oct 6, 2007, 09:42 AM
How do I do a gradient on text? Never done that before.

I'm assuming there is little change between CS3 and CS1 here.

Type the text in, and on the right where you have a list of layers, there should be a little f in a circle. Click this, and select Blending Options. Click on Gradient Overlay, then click the little gradient bar. For the colour on the left, I used R56, G62, B62, and for the one on the right, R142, G143, B145. It should be a linear gradient at 90 degrees.

You can do the emboss there as well. Have a play with it. I came up with this:

applemax
Oct 6, 2007, 10:42 AM
I'm assuming there is little change between CS3 and CS1 here.

Type the text in, and on the right where you have a list of layers, there should be a little f in a circle. Click this, and select Blending Options. Click on Gradient Overlay, then click the little gradient bar. For the colour on the left, I used R56, G62, B62, and for the one on the right, R142, G143, B145. It should be a linear gradient at 90 degrees.

You can do the emboss there as well. Have a play with it. I came up with this:

Thanks for your help - I've done it now. Looks great!

Scarlet Fever
Oct 6, 2007, 07:43 PM
Thanks for your help - I've done it now. Looks great!

no worries :)

Can we have a shot of what you've done?

monke
Oct 6, 2007, 09:02 PM
After reading this thread, I took an attempt at making it, and came up with this:

I also duplicated the text, added Noise (5%, Uniform, Monochromatic) and changed it to 40% Opacity. Looks great! :)

tsd
Oct 7, 2007, 07:32 PM
P.S.
Apple's font is Myriad Pro Bold, with 25% extra kerning (space between letters).

ezekielrage_99
Oct 8, 2007, 12:35 AM
Speckle filter, gradient, and bezel from the layer properties it looks like to me.