Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Muck9

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2007
I have went onto Youtube.com on Safari but I cant watch anything as I need the latest Flash Player, is there a way of getting this on the Ipod touch?

mithykal

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2007
I have went onto Youtube.com on Safari but I cant watch anything as I need the latest Flash Player, is there a way of getting this on the Ipod touch?

No thats why there is a youtube application on the iPod touch..

simoncoul

macrumors member
Jan 13, 2007
u might want to check the home screen,the button to the right of safari might interest u...

ZachG33

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2007
I don't understand why you would want to access youtube on safari, if there is already a seperate app for it. You won't be able to watch flash videos on safari until apple puts in the plug-in. For now you can only watch youtube on the app.

Muck9

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2007
Theres other sites like this so I thought Id use Youtube as an example, I was wondering if theres a way around it

mithykal

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2007
I don't understand why you would want to access youtube on safari, if there is already a seperate app for it. You won't be able to watch flash videos on safari until apple puts in the plug-in. For now you can only watch youtube on the app.

I dont think flash will be added anytime soon as I think the mobile browser Opera bought the rights to only have it on their mobile version.
Also the App is better than accesing it by the website, as the videos are made to fit the screen for better viewing.

atil

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2007
I dont think flash will be added anytime soon as I think the mobile browser Opera bought the rights to only have it on their mobile version.

Are you sure about that? How do you explain the PSP supporting flash then? I'm just wondering, because I know my PSP has it, and the browser is Sony's own make, and not Opera.

Zeromus

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2005
I wrote a bookmarklet to be able to view YouTube videos from safari a while ago, but because I don't have a iPhone/touch I haven't been able to test it.

If anyone is knowledgeable in the ways of installing bookmarklets, check here: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/363535/ (post 11)

What you do is go to any page with a YouTube video, find it wont work. Launch the bookmarklet and it will create a new link under each video. The links will launch the YouTube program in your iPhone/touch.

Hope someone can try it out for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.