Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KiDrOck80

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 21, 2003
Syracuse, NY
i just bought an Ipod last night, and im leavin today for boston. and i would like to use it then. But i have a problem, i charged it all last night, woke up and it wouldnt work, it says the battery is still dead? and when i plug it in, the apple logo appears. can someone help me?

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
When charging, does it actually say "Charging" on the screen?

If not, it might be a bad PSU, and it'll charge off the firewire on your machine.

Otherwise it's faulty and you'll need to declare it DOA to Apple who'll replace it free.

KiDrOck80

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 21, 2003
Syracuse, NY
I got it working now, but it wount connect with my computer. i've tried everything i know. i bought a firewire card with the ipod and installed it into my dads PC tower. it works fine, but the Ipod wount connect.

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
You have to "reformat" it for your PC, using the CD that came with it. Plus you have to load the drivers, and Music Match.

After you reformat, it should work fine.

TEG

KiDrOck80

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 21, 2003
Syracuse, NY
i did that, but i have another problem. the battery wount hold a charge :( . so i decided im going to take it back to CompUSA, and exchange it for a new one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.