PDA

View Full Version : Apple removes all references to Virtual PC from 'Switch' w...

MacBytes
Aug 29, 2003, 10:12 AM
Category: Mac Websites
Link: Apple removes all references to Virtual PC from 'Switch' webpages (http://www.macdailynews.com/comments.php?id=P1692_0_1_0)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by arn

eric_n_dfw
Aug 29, 2003, 10:27 AM
I'm surprised they didn't remove it sooner.

bennetsaysargh
Aug 30, 2003, 01:43 PM
lol.
i dont blamne them either. they better hope that MS makes it work for the G5 and even better than before:mad:

applemacdude
Aug 30, 2003, 10:17 PM
You know they arent. I hope that im wrong

Horrortaxi
Aug 30, 2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by applemacdude
You know they arent. I hope that im wrong
If I'm Microsoft I'll buy Connectix so that I can do one of two things. Either kill it off entirely or somehow get ingrained in the Mac community. Given that they're bundling it with Office now (gee, buy an office suite for the Mac and get a PC operating system along with it) I'd say that this is the route they're taking. Maybe they'll buy Adobe next and bundle VPC with Photoshop. It'll end up like all those AOL disks we set our drinks on. We might not reverse switch but if we're all using VPC then Microsoft can still use include us in their numbers and make us parties to whatever world domination plans they have.

alset
Aug 31, 2003, 12:16 AM
Granted, M$ stands to make a bundle of money buy selling Windows to Mac users, but I don't think they are very interested in delivering an outstanding product. I was surprised how many Mac users didn't see the acquisition as a threat. The threat is very real.

Dan

MacFan26
Sep 2, 2003, 02:10 AM
I have read that Microsoft is planning on working on VPC for the G5, but who knows, they could stop it at any point. It would be nice if FWB was going to release Real PC again. :(

Horrortaxi
Sep 2, 2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by alset
I don't think they are very interested in delivering an outstanding product.

When have they?