Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chaz91

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2007
hi, I remember seeing someone asking the question about how to create a network through your mac so that your IPT can use the internet (even though there is no actual wireless in the room). Could someone please tell me how to do this?

ahmed.hassan

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2007
I've never done so before, but I believe this is indeed possible.

Firstly, you need to open "System Preferences" and then click on "Sharing". Then, navigate to the "Internet" section and select check the box next to "Airport". Next, click on "Airport Options" and then type a name for the wireless network that your computer will create. You may configure the security settings as you wish and click "OK". Finally, click on "Start", below "Internet Sharing" to launch the network you will connect to via your iPod touch. Now all that is left for you to do is to connect to this network via your iPod touch, and theoretically you should be able to connect to the internet via the network you have just created.

I apologise if this does not work, because as noted earlier, I have never used this feature!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.