Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
May 1, 2005
Hey folks, this is the thread we've been waiting for.

If you have any extra song codes for any of the Starbucks "Song of the Day" and you feel like giving them away (note: give NOT sell), post here. Please post the artist and/or song and you can choose to either post the actual DL code # or have folks PM you. After someone has used your code, please edit your post to say it's been used so that folks don't keep pestering you. ;)

Again, these codes are NOT for RESALE. Give 'em outta the kindness of your heart if you so desire.

Keep this thread clean-- no superfluous OT posts about what you think of this promotion or the music offered-- ONLY post if you've got a code to offer up.

NO begging, please. All beg type posts will be deleted.

lozanoj83

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2006
Southern California
Walked into a Vons Starbucks today, Barista gave me 2, one of which I already had redeemed..
so here is the code
its from 10/6, Emily King - Moon

Code is JENR4K4EPPWT

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
The first person to send me a PM with subject "Mavis Staples" can have a code for her "We Shall Not Be Moved" song (October 7).

Edit: Somebody PMed me and they got the code.

I'll post again if I get more extra codes.

TimTheEnchanter

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2004
Minneapolis, MN
Here's what I have up for grabs:
Annie Lennox - Dark Road Qty: 1
Brandi Carlile - Turpentine Qty: 2

Let's call it a trade for future needs if I miss any of the remaining. :)

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
The first person to send me a PM with subject "Band of Horses" can have a code for that artist's song (October 9).

The first person to send me a PM with subject "Gloria Estefan" can have a code for that artist's song (October 10).

I will give the codes to two different people; please don't ask for both. These are for the U.S. iTunes Store. I will change the text to strikeout when the codes are taken.

AilisiliA

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2007
My Extras

Sorry both are gone... I was at starbucks tonight and they had soo many different artists, i should have grabbed a hand ful

I have an extra CeU
I have an extra Mavis Staples... Well two of those but I can't find one.

The Starbucks I go to gives you like 4 different artists at a time... I have a extra Keith Urban around here somewhere...

Let me know if you want one or the other.. But not both, dont be greedy!

3MacTim

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2007
Mavis Staples

An extra code for Mavis Staples was posted here and has been taken. Happy listening to all!!!

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Reminder: This thread is for offering codes, not requesting them. If you want one that's offered, contact the poster. If you don't see one offered, you'll have to check back another time.

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
Here's two.

Band of Horses: No One's Gonna Love You: taken
Gloria Estefan: 90 Millas: taken

First come, first served. (I imagine they'll be used pretty quickly, but I won't have a chance to edit for a few hours. If a mod feels like editing to list them as used before I get back to MR, go right ahead.)

P.S. One thing I would like to recommend is that when someone posts a free code, if you want it solely because it's a free song, wait a couple hours. Let someone who KNOWS they will like the song have first stab at it.

They've been up long enough that I assume they have been taken, but nobody PMed me to let me know they have used it, so I don't know for sure. Please let me know if you used it.

3MacTim

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2007
Band of Horses

A Band of Horses code was here; now it's taken.

Maybe you'll be quicker next time ;)

andrewwinn

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2007
I have one A Fine Frenzy code.

EDIT: The code has been traded. Thank you!

I have on A Fine Frenzy code, the free song offered today (Oct. 11). I'm looking to trade it for any of the following:

10/2 Bob Dylan, Jokerman
10/3 KT Tunstall, One Day
10/4 Joni Mitchell, Night of the Iguana
10/7 Mavis Staples, We Shall Not Be Moved

PM me if you have a trade. Thanks in advance.
- jude

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
I have two more to share.

The first person to send me a PM with subject "Band of Horses" can have a code for that artist's song (October 9).

The first person to send me a PM with subject "Gloria Estefan" can have a code for that artist's song (October 10).

I will give the codes to two different people, for use in the U.S. iTunes Store. Strikeout text means the code is taken.

mymanofsteel

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2007
Looking for Keith Urban or 10/12 song, swap

I have a code for the Band of Horses or Gloria Estefan and I am looking for Keith Urban. Thanks. PM me, and if I can figure out how this forum works we can swap.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.