PDA

View Full Version : Ipod Touch ''Could not restore... ERROR (-18)

Extrapolator
Oct 7, 2007, 05:20 PM
I just bought an Ipod Touch and Itunes asked me the third day to restore my Ipod because it could not sync music and videos with it. When I try to restore it says:
Ipod could not be restored. An unknow error occured (-18).

What should I do? Thanks in advance.

PkennethV
Oct 7, 2007, 05:26 PM
Try turning off the iPod and the syncing it. You should only haveto do this once. Don't know why, happened to mine too.

Extrapolator
Oct 7, 2007, 05:33 PM
I tried and it didn't work, but I found a solution: I went into Settings>Reset and i resetted my Ipod(deleting every data), then i restored it with Itunes and resynced everything. Now it seems to be working right.

Thanks for the help, though.

Tcstang
Jan 22, 2010, 10:02 AM
I tried and it didn't work, but I found a solution: I went into Settings>Reset and i resetted my Ipod(deleting every data)

Thanks for the help, though.

is yours jailbroken? last night that happened to me and i did a hard reboot (press hold and lock for 5 seconds). that didnt fix it, so i went to setting on the ipod just to cheack if all data was deleted, it wasnt, the videos and pictures were there still there. this morning i connected to itunes and the music was still there but it wouldnt play through itunes. I added some songs and it fixed it.