PDA

View Full Version : Lemonaid + iPod = Not Good!

papadopolis1024
Oct 7, 2007, 09:14 PM
Well yesterday or the day before (cant remember I think it was saturday) I got a call from a friend who had spilled lemonaid on her iPod... Now I know what to do with water but just checking in. I told her NOT TO TURN IT ON! and the rice trick... Am I missing anything?

sonictonic
Oct 7, 2007, 09:16 PM
Rice trick? :eek:

:confused:

iDAG
Oct 7, 2007, 09:19 PM
I would let it dry out for a week but thats with water and lemonade has sugar in it so idk how that would work and idk what you would do with rice but I would not do anything with it.

papadopolis1024
Oct 7, 2007, 09:28 PM
Rice trick? :eek:

:confused:

The rice trick is where you take rice and a tub-a-ware container and you put the wet device and the rice in the container and close it and let the rice suck the mousture out of it.

Mr.A
Oct 8, 2007, 12:18 AM
The rice trick is where you take rice and a tub-a-ware container and you put the wet device and the rice in the container and close it and let the rice suck the mousture out of it.

Why go that route when there are commercial desiccants like DampRid out there?

It's available at pretty much all the home improvement stores, for a similar price as a bag of rice, and will work much more effectively at capturing any moisture.

lamina
Oct 8, 2007, 12:22 AM
Which version is the iPod?

The older ones (including the previous generation video) are really easy to take apart, unless it's a 2nd generation Nano.

You can easily take a non-brand spankin' new iPod apart and clean it out with a q-tip, rubbing alcohol, and a lot of patience.

Link (http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iPod/)