Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

webteeth

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Hey all:

I just finished writing a review of my new iPod touch, with some comments on the lack of speaker and other features, all from the perspective of a Canadian with limited experiences from an iPhone.

Link (warning, some cursing at link blah blah): A Douche Bag’s (Late) Review of The iPod Touch

P.S. I don't know the rules about posting links in the forum, especially links to your own site.

Cheers!!!!!!!!

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
I don't agree with all the points in it (I especially despise the photo viewer function, difficult to transfer, auto shrinking, etc... ), but your blog has a great design.

PS, there is no problem posting your blog link as long as its not ads.:)

robertma1

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2007
It would have been worth noting the device lacks volume buttons as in the phone. The biggest cons are not email, cal events, and my #1 the buttons. Lack of bluetooth totally kils the chance of stero BT headsets also. Not too big of a deal for me.

MiniMini

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2007
NY
No Volume Buttons

1) I agree with the lacking of volume button comment.

2) Will be great if iPod Touch has bluetooth

3) Can't put a strap on any iPods if your iPod doesn't have a case. Sometimes I worry if my iPod Touch will slip out of my hands.

4) I like the way how we can easily repeat the whole playlist or repeat a song without having to go all the way to settings like the old iPods.

webteeth

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
Ontario, Canada
@MiniMini: what would be the advantages of having bluetooth in the device? It's not nearly fast enough to transfer songs over it..

Also, I third the comment about the lack of volume controls on the iPod touch.

jepaz

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2007
USA
There is always an alternative. You can use the BlueCON35 II and CLIP R35.

The combo devices has advantages such as:
1. It has it's own rechargable battery.
2. Use your own headphone.
3. The Clip R35 has a built-in remote control feature and mic.

madmaxmedia

macrumors 68030
Dec 17, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
LOL, great review! Very funny, and I totally agree with your review, especially about how the touch interface makes the entire experience better.

Call me a douchebag too I guess...

duraace

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2006
Interesting review. Thanks for sharing :)

I'm going to deviate from the "no buttons" criticism. I like the Touch as it is, clean! Pressing the main button twice to activate the touch volume control works for me, the odd times I need to control the volume, albeit, it takes 2 extra clicks. The less moving parts (i.e. buttons), the better.

Now if they could just add a mail client that would sync with OS X Mail ...

bc008

macrumors 68000
Aug 6, 2007
Michigan
well, im hoping to be jamming with a 16 GB touch soon, as i had to sell my iphone (lack of service).

although your review really didnt tell me anything new (ive read em all, so thats not really saying much ;) ) it makes me more sure that im going to get a touch over a classic (which i had, then sold, the world is a funny place some times).

And I agree, why apple keeps using that scratch fest back beats me! i will be getting a Best Skins Ever shield if i do go with a touch.

webteeth

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
Ontario, Canada
why apple keeps using that scratch fest back beats me! i will be getting a Best Skins Ever shield if i do go with a touch.

I completely agree. Before the touch I owned a nano that didn't scratch like the touch, and it was a godsend not to be constantly worrying about the back of your iPod. Aaaaarrrggghhhhhhh tsk tsk etc, etc.

nandasunu

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2007
am I the only person who has managed to scratch the ipod touch screen? :confused: no idea how it happened either...

webteeth

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
Ontario, Canada
am I the only person who has managed to scratch the ipod touch screen? :confused: no idea how it happened either...

Before I have thought I scratched the screen, but it turned out it was just a mark. Try wiping roughly with a kleenex for about 10 seconds, or wipe it off with a moist cloth, see if that works..............

Vigilante

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2007
Florida.
One of my bad habits manifested itself in an ill attempt to scratch my iPod Touch with my car keys and a mini screwdriver... the screen is seriously scratch proof. No clue how you did that. :p Oh, and am I the only one that thinks it is lame to try to cover the back once it is already scratched? Looks tacky.

And to the original poster-- I like how you put together that review, could have done without all of the negative comments to yourself though. Make fun of someone else that we can all laugh at, like Carrot Top! Nobody likes Carrot Top.

nandasunu

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2007
Before I have thought I scratched the screen, but it turned out it was just a mark. Try wiping roughly with a kleenex for about 10 seconds, or wipe it off with a moist cloth, see if that works..............

thanks for the tip, tried that, but it is definatly a scratch, I can feel the indent with my fingernail. Its only small and not in the middle of the screen, so not a huge deal. Maybe this could become a collectors item in the future, the only scratched ipod touch... :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.