PDA

View Full Version : iBook G4 battery health questions...

i make movies
Oct 7, 2007, 11:24 PM
Hi y'all,

I own a iBook g4 and I'm selling it to upgrade to the new iMac. I never thought about my battery before, but I think it's losing it's charge. Granted, my laptop is 2, if not 3 years old so this is to be expected, but the battery only lasts a little over an hour on a full charge (I haven't actually timed it, I'm just basing this off the time my Battery Indicator tells me).

Would it help my battery if I drained it to about 3% or so and recharged it back to 100%? What if I did that a few times? My laptop rarely leaves my desk, so it stays plugged in almost all the time. Would that have something to do with the battery health?

I also saw some program called Coconut Battery. Is there another program out that similar to Coconut Battery? I don't have 10.4.5 so I can't run it, but would really like to know some stats of my battery. (I have 10.3.9).

Thanks for the help.

iBookG4user
Oct 7, 2007, 11:29 PM
It should tell you the health of the battery in system profiler. About this mac>more info>Power

i make movies
Oct 7, 2007, 11:44 PM
It should tell you the health of the battery in system profiler. About this mac>more info>Power

I don't have 'Power' under my system profiler. The only thing I got is the Energy Saver utility, which only allows me to set display shut-off and sleep times. No battery health info.

Eidorian
Oct 7, 2007, 11:45 PM
I don't have 'Power' under my system profiler. The only thing I got is the Energy Saver utility, which only allows me to set display shut-off and sleep times. No battery health info./Applications/Utilities/System Profiler

Or Apple -> About this Mac -> More Info

Not System Preferences

i make movies
Oct 8, 2007, 01:54 AM
/Applications/Utilities/System Profiler

Or Apple -> About this Mac -> More Info

Not System Preferences

I should have been more specific. Under About this Mac, I do not have 'Power' in the system profiler. Under Hardware, this only items listed are Memory, PCI/AGP Cards, ATA, SCSI, USB, Firewire, Airport Cards, and Modem...in that order. Then Software, Network, and Logs. No Power.