PDA

View Full Version : Does 3rd Gen Nano or iPod Classic support Widescreen Video Out?

Toeside
Oct 8, 2007, 10:53 AM
iPod video out on my 5.5g has frustrated me. The video out signal is 4:3. Widescreen content gets letterbox bars added to the signal. Connecting a 5.5g iPod to a widescreen monitor (like we have in our minivan) causes the image to get stretched. Since the letterbox bars are part of the signal (they are not part of the mp4), this stretching distorts the image.

I'm hoping that the 3rd Gen Nano or the iPod Classic actually supports widescreen video out. Does anyone known for sure?

gkarris
Oct 17, 2007, 03:51 PM
iPod video out on my 5.5g has frustrated me. The video out signal is 4:3. Widescreen content gets letterbox bars added to the signal. Connecting a 5.5g iPod to a widescreen monitor (like we have in our minivan) causes the image to get stretched. Since the letterbox bars are part of the signal (they are not part of the mp4), this stretching distorts the image.

I'm hoping that the 3rd Gen Nano or the iPod Classic actually supports widescreen video out. Does anyone known for sure?

My LCD panel has a "Zoom" feature to get rid of the letterboxing.

To all the new iPod Classic owners. My question is the same:

Is the 480p output Widescreen Anamorphic?

Fuchal
Oct 17, 2007, 04:53 PM
I would assume the reason there is a component output (other than possible HD output in the future) is to provide a proper widescreen signal, as composite cannot do this.