Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robertma1

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 29, 2007
You think Apple would have learned by now how sensitive the material is on the back of the touch to scratching. The iPhone material would have been a much better selection.

I reused the screen cover that shipped on the face of the unit on the back. It works well and even feels better when holding it.

Anyone have idea's on say a PDA screen protector that would fit the rear for when it wears out?

Rookie1986

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2007
You think Apple would have learned by now how sensitive the material is on the back of the touch to scratching. The iPhone material would have been a much better selection.

I reused the screen cover that shipped on the face of the unit on the back. It works well and even feels better when holding it.

Anyone have idea's on say a PDA screen protector that would fit the rear for when it wears out?

http://www.shieldzone.com/

ivi7

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2007
I was surprised when I came to know that the touch's back didnt have the same material which was used on the iPhone.
I really like my scratch resistant iPhone :)

robertma1

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 29, 2007
I guess even though it's a $400 product, Apple see's it as disposable and replaced every year :) (half kidding)

Seriously, I do not know one person that likes the chrome back of iPods due to the scratching. I sure hope Apple changes this at some point. They did great with the front.

The invisible shield product appears as full coverage. I don't want anything on the front. I'd pay for a bundle of those apple covers I used.

WebbDogg

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2004
IS
I just got my invisible shield today. I bought the full coverage kit. It's 2 pieces so if you didn't want anything on the front you don't have to use that piece.

It goes on easily and they advertise that you can carry your ipod in a pocket with keys and not worry about scratching. I don't know about that. I've babied mine since I've had it for two weeks and still have a couple minor scratches on the back. The shield covers those and they're barely noticeable now.

DenniZ

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2007
Liverpool, UK
can i ask what actually comes with the invisible shield full body version for the ipod touch, i know there are the front and back pieces but does it contain the solution and squeegee ?

also will this fit through my mailbox thing (UK door) as i had ordered mine from play.com and i will probably most likely be unavailable to collect it.

Rookie1986

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2007
can i ask what actually comes with the invisible shield full body version for the ipod touch, i know there are the front and back pieces but does it contain the solution and squeegee ?

also will this fit through my mailbox thing (UK door) as i had ordered mine from play.com and i will probably most likely be unavailable to collect it.

I would have ordered directly from shieldzone.com, there cheaper and send there items with UPS not royal mail (who are on strike btw), but to answer your question i would expect them to just post it because thats what they do with the dvd's, games and cd's i order from them :)

DenniZ

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2007
Liverpool, UK
I would have ordered directly from shieldzone.com, there cheaper and send there items with UPS not royal mail (who are on strike btw), but to answer your question i would expect them to just post it because thats what they do with the dvd's, games and cd's i order from them :)

thanks for the reply... im in no big rush lol ..... not even got my ipod touch yet ... its ready to be shipped in china somewhere...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.