Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
Wirelessly posted (LGE-VX9900/1.0 UP.Browser/6.2.3.2 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

this is great news, keep us posted!

ShanePod

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2007
Canada
Thats the best news i've heard all day!
The sooner they crack the iPod Touch the more frequent apple will be forced to dish out good updates. Just like like when the psp was cracked sony kept updating the psp with newer better apps to try and compete with all the hacked apps people were coming out with :) (this is just my theory by the way)

TurboSC

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 4, 2007
California
it's going to be grand :)

I'll try to add information onto this post as updates are made I suppose. :)

Rookie1986

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2007
Thats the best news i've heard all day!
The sooner they crack the iPod Touch the more frequent apple will be forced to dish out good updates. Just like like when the psp was cracked sony kept updating the psp with newer better apps to try and compete with all the hacked apps people were coming out with :) (this is just my theory by the way)

Nah Sony just made it so you had to update to play the newest games, just like they do on the ps3 and going online, but I know what you were meaning :)

The iPod news is good though, might make apple push out some games, iCal and eMail apps for it atleast

Mystikal

macrumors 68020
Oct 4, 2007
Irvine, CA
Nah Sony just made it so you had to update to play the newest games, just like they do on the ps3 and going online, but I know what you were meaning :)

The iPod news is good though, might make apple push out some games, iCal and eMail apps for it atleast

Dont forget the MANY MANY secuirty updates they put out. X.X1 and X.X2...

SirithX

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2007
San Francisco
It's going to be amazing if they're able to rip out the Mail, iCal, Notes and Maps apps from the iPhone and have them working on the Touch. That's all I need to be completely satisfied.

ebel3003

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2007
"The Google"
I'm not sure how the applications are actually handled by the OS, but I highly doubt that it will be as simple as "dragging to root". Unless we get some sort of Installer, I imagine it will be a series of copying files to different locations such as the application binary into the bin folder and it's resources into a library folder. We'll see, though.

tm1000

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2007
Sorry, the root?

You would have to understand BSD/Unix which is what OSX is based off of.

root = administrator (on windows)

I probably wont bother with this as I don't want my device broken with a 1.1.2 update. Learn from your mistakes people!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.