PDA

View Full Version : macs and sex

jefhatfield
Apr 9, 2002, 01:18 PM
ok, i didn't come up with this idea...steve jobs did...remember...and dukestreet inspired me

so what is the sexiest apple product for this year?

the last five years?

of all time?

for me this year, it was the lcd imac,

last five years the tibook or original imac,

and of all time, the original imac

Taft
Apr 9, 2002, 01:25 PM
Definitely. I'd say this has to be one of the sexiest tech products ever.

Its part of the reason I bought it. Unfortunately, my luck in the love department hasn't exactly gone up since buying my TiBook. Since I can't blame the TiBook, I'll have to blame myself. Heh. :)

Matthew

mischief
Apr 9, 2002, 01:27 PM
http://www.sleeplessknights.com/Pages/itheater.html

follow the iBrator Quicktime links.:D

iGav
Apr 9, 2002, 01:27 PM
You guys really are on one today......:p

Okay, I'd have to say the TiBook for all of them, although I really like the 20th Anniversary Mac..... as it's a really stunning example of total product intergration.......

Funny though, when Apple released the TiBook and I saw it in magazines, I thought wow..... when I actually recieved it, I was alittle unsure of the light grey/ darker grey thing going on..... then within a very short time, I decided I love it........

It's the whole aesthetic and engineering thing that to me makes it the sexiest!! slim, sleek, clean, and uncluttered!!!

So the TiBook gets my vote........:p

Or the iMac Blue Dalmation........ seriously I have a Dalmation dog, and would love the iMac Blue Dalmation to go with her!!!:D

eyelikeart
Apr 9, 2002, 01:30 PM
but I like the threads thus far!!!

sexiest product this year?
would have to be the new iMac I suppose...even though I don't think it at all sexy...but it's the only new hardware...

sexiest product in last 5 years?
would definitely be the TiBook...I mean who wouldn't think it sexy?!

sexiest product ever?
I still go with the TiBook...never before was there anything with it's looks...dimensions...power...

is it getting hot in here or is it just me?! ;)

Mr. Anderson
Apr 9, 2002, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by mischief
http://www.sleeplessknights.com/Pages/itheater.html

Oh my God!:D :D :D

That is so friggin funny. How long has that been there?

Mr. Anderson
Apr 9, 2002, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by jefhatfield
...and dukestreet inspired me

Ah, my work here is done :D

but for my vote, TiPB. Just to see the look on peoples faces when you wip it out! Oh my! Shiny and ......

well, I can't go any farther with this or I'll get in trouble;)

I really do think the TiPB is the coolest thing yet. The new iMac would come in second.

britboy
Apr 9, 2002, 01:43 PM
i would deffinitely vote for the Tibook. No other computer can hold a candle to it in the looks department.

The iBrator thing has been around for a few years now. It's still just as funny as it ever though! :D

blackpeter
Apr 9, 2002, 01:44 PM
While the new iMac get's my vote at the "Coolest" Mac of the last five years - I'd have to give "Sexiest" to the Ti.

Mid-life crisis has a new Corvette -- and it's not a car*

3rdpath
Apr 9, 2002, 01:45 PM
my vote goes to the new lcd imac-sexy in a sort of bmw mini or nissan figaro sort of way.

i think ( hope ) the new professional line is going to be the perfect combo of sex, power and functionality. think the audi tt with it's "lemans" style gas cap. almost an anti-design design....

the old imacs were kinda the "new beetle" of their time-and they paid off royally for both companies.

blakespot
Apr 9, 2002, 01:48 PM
This year: The new iMac

Last 5 years: The original iMac

All time: the original Macintosh

blakespot

Hemingray
Apr 9, 2002, 01:55 PM
Well dangit, jef! Here I thought this thread was on Macs and Sex! I was thinking "Well, and I thought I'd read everything..." but here I find out it's about sex APPEAL... man! ;)

So far I don't think Apple's hit the sexy mark quite yet. They had the curves of the original iMac, iBook, and G4, and they have the elegance of the new iMac, iBook, iPod, and PowerBook. So they need to combine those factors. (Sorta like the G4 Quicksilver casing!)

That's MY opinion. :D

iGav
Apr 9, 2002, 01:58 PM
Mr blakespot.... you are hardcore......:D

krossfyter
Apr 9, 2002, 02:10 PM
http://macdesktops.com/images/480x832/SJpatricia480x832.jpg

britboy
Apr 9, 2002, 02:14 PM
Thanks krossfyter, i now know what i'll be using as my next desktop background picture :)

eyelikeart
Apr 9, 2002, 02:16 PM
now if u can get me something similar with an old school 1930's pin-up girl...I'll take it!! :p

krossfyter
Apr 9, 2002, 02:28 PM
your welcome britboy! i just put it as my desktop on my tibook. just brought it into photoshop tweaked it to my liking and walla!

eyelikeart: that would be interesting to say the least now wouldnt it? if anyone finds one tell us all! i doubt you could post it in here...right? doesnt that violate some law or something!?!?!?! heh

mcrain
Apr 9, 2002, 02:32 PM
TiBook has me so worked up... I sure hope I don't get called on to go up to the chalkboard!

dantec
Apr 9, 2002, 02:36 PM
That iBrator thing really cracked me up. Did you guys see the posters? And the actual t-shirts & mousepads.

I wouldn't be caught dead walking around with one of those :p

krossfyter
Apr 9, 2002, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by dantec
That iBrator thing really cracked me up. Did you guys see the posters? And the actual t-shirts & mousepads.

yea....thats an absolute trip. i dont know what to think of it at the moment. kinda scary...i guess.

Mr. Anderson
Apr 9, 2002, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by krossfyter
yea....thats an absolute trip. i dont know what to think of it at the moment. kinda scary...i guess.

As a guy, you have less options on what you can do with it. Not for me, thanks.

It'd be great to get a female perspective....

Taft
Apr 9, 2002, 02:46 PM
There have been a lot of interesting topics on MacRumors in the last few days. These threads are making my otherwise boring day a lot more fun. :)

That iBrator link and the pin-up with the TiBook are priceless. Sweet.

Matthew

iMax
Apr 9, 2002, 03:03 PM
Now that's sexy

http://www.theapplecollection.com/iMac/iMacGirl.shtml

Mr. Anderson
Apr 9, 2002, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by iMax
Now that's sexy

http://www.theapplecollection.com/iMac/iMacGirl.shtml

mmmm, lime....

some people have way too much time on their hands:rolleyes:

teabgs
Apr 9, 2002, 03:13 PM
I used to have th iMac girl as my desktop....ANYWAY.

THIS YEARS SEXIEST PRODUCT IS: The 23" HD display. Oh my god just thinking about it makes me want to drool. So big, so crystal clear, and those curves around the edge...

IN THE LAST FIVE YEARS AND ALL TIME GETS THE SAME VOTE FROM ME: The CUBE. Listen....you can say all you want about the TiBook but nothing compares to the cube up close and personal. Its the computer equiv of how I like my ladies...Kinda short, but not too short, very curvy and vuluptuous (sp?), and wears almost see through-but not quite clothing.

Oh man is it sexy, that baby knocks the wind outta me with a glance just like a beutiful girl passing on the street.

eyelikeart
Apr 9, 2002, 03:40 PM
ok that is by far one of the funniest things I have ever seen...

to think that someone took the time to come up with that and produce Quicktime movies just blows my mind!!! :) :D :p :cool: :eek:

Backtothemac
May 9, 2002, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by krossfyter
http://macdesktops.com/images/480x832/SJpatricia480x832.jpg

The shoes, my god the shoes....:rolleyes:

cleo
May 9, 2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Backtothemac

The shoes, my god the shoes....:rolleyes:

I just do not understand men.

The iBrator, on the other hand... where do I get my hands on one of those? :D

Backtothemac
May 9, 2002, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by cleo

I just do not understand men.

The iBrator, on the other hand... where do I get my hands on one of those? :D

Oh, common Cleo. A woman in high heels is way sexy!

Just saying iBrator makes me laugh. I wonder if it would play the startup sound when you turned it on?;) :D

palala
May 9, 2002, 04:07 PM
This thread is getting a little off topic, and while the TiBook is certainly sexy, I would have to say Mac TV for all time. Come on, how cool was that? Way ahead of its day.

mcrain
May 9, 2002, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by palala
I would have to say Mac TV for all time. Come on, how cool was that? Way ahead of its day.

MadTV is a bad ripoff of SNL if I say so myself.

(I know, I know... but what is Mac TV?)

palala
May 9, 2002, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by mcrain

MadTV is a bad ripoff of SNL if I say so myself.

(I know, I know... but what is Mac TV?)

Yeah, it is, but MadTV can have its moments every once in a while. Mac TV was a Mac that came out in 1993. It was basically a LC 550 (one of those early all in one units) but it was all black (even keyboard and mouse), and it had a built in TV tuner, and a remote control. in 1993!!! Thats crazy!

mymemory
May 9, 2002, 05:14 PM
What is so attractive about a girl going to the bathroom?

Mr. Anderson
May 9, 2002, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by mymemory
What is so attractive about a girl going to the bathroom?

Ha, good one mymemory, but if you look closely, if she did, she'd end up carrying it all around in her dress, so I don't think it comes across quite as bad as you think.

eyelikeart
May 9, 2002, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet

Ha, good one mymemory, but if you look closely, if she did, she'd end up carrying it all around in her dress, so I don't think it comes across quite as bad as you think.

yeah...there would be this hideously nasty stench....and definite drooping..

oh man...yuck! :D :eek:

alex_ant
May 9, 2002, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by dantec

Caught dead and walking around... I sure hope not. :)

jelloshotsrule
May 9, 2002, 08:23 PM
tibook and new imacintosh

mc68k
May 9, 2002, 09:38 PM
Favorite Shipping Apple Product: The iPod. I never wanted an Apple product so badly. Every time I take it out of the case to clean it, it's just so pretty. Simple. Elegant. Functional. Thant's Apple.

Favorite Overall in Apple's "Golden Age" of Industrial Design— Cube

Favorite of all time: Lisa— every journey begins with a single first step…

macfreek57
May 9, 2002, 10:10 PM
sexiest pre-jobs'-return model: 20th anniversary
sexiest biege model: color classic (or maybe one of those later 604 or early g3 towers)

macfreek57
May 9, 2002, 10:15 PM
yeah the macTV was pretty awsome too

mc68k
May 9, 2002, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by macfreek57
yeah the macTV was pretty awsome too
This is sexy? Oh well, to each thier own.

palala
May 9, 2002, 11:32 PM
Well in a time where machines really were ALL beige boxes, the Mac TV really stood out, and being all black makes it pretty sexy. Kinda like a normal Caprice wasn't sexy, but an all black Impala is pretty slick. I guess the Mac TV was cooler for the time more than sexy though. Plus, being a guy...anything with a TV built into it is pretty sexy.

macfreek57
May 13, 2002, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by mc68k

This is sexy? Oh well, to each thier own.

no sexy is not the word i'd use
i kind of used that because that was the word used in the original post
i usually don't use that word in reference to anything