Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

onionperson654

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2007
Wonderful!

I'm looking forward to having my home screen filled will icons.

Now, for the wait...

DavoMrMac

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2005
This is fantastic news, but it would be a lot simpler if Apple opened it up. Even if they made a disclaimer saying you can add what you want - at your own risk.

papadopolis1024

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2007
This is fantastic news, but it would be a lot simpler if Apple opened it up. Even if they made a disclaimer saying you can add what you want - at your own risk.

I dont mind apple ending iPhone unlocking cause they have an excuse for it (loses them money) but with the ATV they just said what ever. So they better just say whatever to the iPod!

Arisian

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
China
wait wait wait.... 1.1.2 comes out next week? Does this mean I need to get ready to reload all my content onto my ipod since every update tends to make me have to RESTORE my ipod :-D

anyways, so 1.1.2 comes out next week? Anyone have a link to that news?

Thanks,
Arisian

sorry, i didnt search very hard for it, please forgive me!

papadopolis1024

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2007
wait wait wait.... 1.1.2 comes out next week? Does this mean I need to get ready to reload all my content onto my ipod since every update tends to make me have to RESTORE my ipod :-D

anyways, so 1.1.2 comes out next week? Anyone have a link to that news?

Thanks,
Arisian

sorry, i didnt search very hard for it, please forgive me!

No one knows they are just say because it was hacked apple will have an update with some cool thing so people will want to update and then lose 3rd party apps.

Chris F

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2007
Can someone please provide links to places where we can obtain more information/help out?

GrimmGreen

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2007
all i really want from the touch that wasn't included is the ability to put a wallpaper on the main selection screen , ha ha ha , well maybe a Gmail app also

PowerFullMac

macrumors 601
Oct 16, 2006
Sorry about this but.....

APPLE JUST GOT PWNED!!!!!!

Sorry couldnt resist :D

Not long before they release the app to the public I hope, getting a iPod Touch this weekend!

I hope Apple do leave the iPod Touch open like they did with the Apple TV, with the iPhone they had the excuse that it would loose them money and they were worried about messing with AT&T's network (although I dont see any other mobile phone Java apps doing that?) but theres no real reason this time.

Arisian

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
China
Sorry about this but.....

APPLE JUST GOT PWNED!!!!!!

Sorry couldnt resist :D

Not long before they release the app to the public I hope, getting a iPod Touch this weekend!

I hope Apple do leave the iPod Touch open like they did with the Apple TV, with the iPhone they had the excuse that it would loose them money and they were worried about messing with AT&T's network (although I dont see any other mobile phone Java apps doing that?) but theres no real reason this time.
future ibrick owner

Quasiportnoy

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2007
Baton Rouge, LA
Hmm...here's an interesting strategy.

If every time the iPod is hacked and 3rd party apps are able to be added, The Steve says "Hey, let's add ____ to make them want to update," eventually it will be rock solid and unhackable, but have all the apps we want running NATIVELY!

Or at least in my fantasy world.;)

PowerFullMac

macrumors 601
Oct 16, 2006
Hmm...here's an interesting strategy.

If every time the iPod is hacked and 3rd party apps are able to be added, The Steve says "Hey, let's add ____ to make them want to update," eventually it will be rock solid and unhackable, but have all the apps we want running NATIVELY!

Or at least in my fantasy world.;)

Great idea!!!!

And, suppose your right there dops7107, but we can all love in hope!

But if Apple wants to play can and mouse then the hackers will ALWAYS win anyway :D

matt52592

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2007
Made me smile...

I'm glad to hear this, yet I know that the only extra apps I'll be adding on to my touch (when I get it) will be Apple Certified. Or unless they leave it open.

it wont get bricked...the iPhones that had apps didnt get bricked only the ones running on different services other than AT&T. the worst that will happen is you would have to restore it.

TurboSC

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2007
California
Now that the iPod Touch has joined the ranks of hacking with the iPhone, the cross-platform stuff should be interesting...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.