PDA

View Full Version : Shipping to Canada

Brendon Bauer
Oct 9, 2007, 09:37 AM
I recently sold an iPod to someone in Canada and shipped it through USPS to them. I had to fill out a customs slip and one of the questions on there was "what is inside the box"... I didn't really think about it and I wrote "Apple iPod and accessories." Was this a stupid thing to do? Is that pretty much a guarantee to get it stolen? It's been almost 14 business days since, and the buyer has not received it. I did insure it, but I'm a little upset...

Any thoughts on the matter? Should I lie about what's inside next time? And where do I start trying to claim my insurance? With the local USPS or talk to someone in Canada?

Thanks,
Brendon

ClassicBean
Oct 9, 2007, 09:57 AM
I don't think it would be stolen (although you never know). I do think that it got held up at customs though. It's possible that when the buyer receives it, they will have to pay duty on the unit before USPS releases the item to them.

If the government is processing the duty forms and whatnot, delays can occur.

brgnewman
Oct 9, 2007, 10:46 AM
I don't think anything would happen to it.

When Apple sent me my replacement iPod Nano (3rd Gen) they specifically wrote on the shipping info for DHL "Description: IPOD NANO(3RD GEN),8GB,BLACK"

triobot
Oct 9, 2007, 09:31 PM
Well from personal experience and families experience, its safest to put "GIFT" as to what it is. Sometimes the customs get you, but usually they don't, it all comes down to luck !!!