PDA

View Full Version : voting machine company head committed to getting votes for bush

zimv20
Aug 30, 2003, 12:12 AM
http://www.cleveland.com/politics/index.ssf?/base/ispol/106207393874610.xml

The head of a company vying to sell voting machines in Ohio told Republicans in a recent fund-raising letter that he is "committed to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the president next year."

The Aug. 14 letter from Walden O'Dell, chief executive of Diebold Inc. - who has become active in the re-election effort of President Bush - prompted Democrats this week to question the propriety of allowing O'Dell's company to calculate votes in the 2004 presidential election.

mcrain
Aug 30, 2003, 07:25 PM
Gee, the head of a big company that could stand to make huge amounts of money off the Federal Government supporting Bush Jr.? What are the odds of that?:rolleyes:

AppleManEric
Aug 30, 2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by mcrain
Gee, the head of a big company that could stand to make huge amounts of money off the Federal Government supporting Bush Jr.? What are the odds of that?:rolleyes:

tsh, yeah... lol

Maclarny
Aug 30, 2003, 07:56 PM

LOL! 'nuff said

Backtothemac
Aug 30, 2003, 08:28 PM

Oh come on, like there are not heads of companies that put huge amounts of money into democrats elections either :rolleyes: :eek: ;) :D

pseudobrit
Aug 30, 2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Backtothemac
Oh come on, like there are not heads of companies that put huge amounts of money into democrats elections either :rolleyes: :eek: ;) :D

Yeah, heads of voting maching companies... :rolleyes:

(perhaps this might be another one of those appearances of impropriety)

bobindashadows
Aug 30, 2003, 08:39 PM
I thought that it was posted to throw out the idea that the voting machine company is going to fake the results to put President Bush in power.

pseudobrit
Aug 30, 2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by bobindashadows
I thought that it was posted to throw out the idea that the voting machine company is going to fake the results to put President Bush in power.

Why would they need to? All they need to do is leave backdoors in the system and let someone else fake the results.

No paper; no paper trail; no evidence of fraud.

bobindashadows
Aug 30, 2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by pseudobrit
Why would they need to? All they need to do is leave backdoors in the system and let someone else fake the results.

No paper; no paper trail; no evidence of fraud.

You get the idea of what I was talking about - I was saying this was posted so that people could say, should President Bush win, "oh they faked it all he didn't get any votes I hate Bush"

pseudobrit
Aug 30, 2003, 09:53 PM
You get the idea of what I was talking about - I was saying this was posted so that people could say, should President Bush win, "oh they faked it all he didn't get any votes I hate Bush"

Or maybe this was posted so people will be aware of the potential for abuse and maybe it won't happen.

If we ignore potential abuses, someone will abuse our ignorance.

pseudobrit
Aug 30, 2003, 09:54 PM

[Alternate response]
He's already shown he doesn't need to get more than 5 votes to win.

zimv20
Aug 31, 2003, 01:39 AM
"oh they faked it all he didn't get any votes I hate Bush"

is that how you think i punctuate?

mcrain
Aug 31, 2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by zimv20
is that how you think i punctuate?

Or lack thereof.

modyouup
Sep 3, 2003, 09:17 PM
These stupid Diebold machines have already been PROVEN to be poorly designed and they have many flaws where someone could easily change vote results. Even if the company doesn't support bu$h, the republicans are going to alter the results anyway. We need to takes these machines and smash them! Electronic voting is not secure and not easier than mechanical machines! Bring back the mechanical ones, we don't need more computers for republicans to tamper with.

In SEVERAL elections accross the country where Diebold machines are used the republicans have already altered results. In so many instances, the democrats are in favor in polls beforehand but then lose when the election happens. It happened to many times to be a coincidence.

mactastic
Sep 3, 2003, 11:22 PM
You have any proof of that besides what you say?

modyouup
Sep 4, 2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by mactastic
You have any proof of that besides what you say?

Yeah......

http://www.bartcop.com/111102fraud.htm

mactastic
Sep 4, 2003, 10:56 AM
Ok, thats a start. I remember Mondale going down from the time he announced though, so I can't really say that the fact that several races went republican is evidence that those machines were tampered with or the results somehow altered. Is there an article that details why something other than bad polling data or a candidate trending up/down should be assumed?

modyouup
Sep 4, 2003, 10:59 AM
Take a gander at this.....

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/vote_fraud.html