PDA

View Full Version : New Weird Nike+ Problem

BennyK
Oct 9, 2007, 12:42 PM
So my Nike+ has worked nicely with my new video nano, until this morning. The milage it said that I ran was all screwy. It was in miles and it said I ran something like 2.03 miles when in reality I was just over 1 mile. So I turned it off since it was not working correctly. When I got home and plugged it in to the computer to upload the info, it shows different info. It shows I ran 1.3 miles which would be correct. The ipod still shows 2.03 for that workout. The other weird thing is it correctly figured out my average per mile which was 13.45 / mile. The screen showed I did over two miles in 15 mintues which would equal about a 7.30 / min mile. So the info that got uploaded to nike+ is correct and the info that the ipod shows is wrong.

The only thing differnent is I uploaded the new software last night for the ipod.

Anyone got any ideas on this one?

tristan.lahey
Oct 9, 2007, 06:41 PM
Hey mate,

Yeh it seems that the 1.0.2 update seems to have caused this problem, the iPod will display your distance in Km's while the voice and everything else will be correct. When it happened to me, I did a 3 mile run and the voice was all correct and while I am running I don't tend to look at the screen, but when I was done the screen displayed 4.8 miles (4.8km = 3m).

This has been reported on the Nike+ forums and they are looking into it.

Cheers

Tim117
Oct 9, 2007, 09:05 PM
Nike+ forums?

twoodcc
Oct 10, 2007, 07:33 AM
Nike+ forums?

yeah, on the nikeplus.com site, not here.

glad to see they are working on this problem. i also have the new nano, but i don't run with it yet. but i will eventually

BennyK
Oct 10, 2007, 08:50 AM
Hey mate,

Yeh it seems that the 1.0.2 update seems to have caused this problem, the iPod will display your distance in Km's while the voice and everything else will be correct. When it happened to me, I did a 3 mile run and the voice was all correct and while I am running I don't tend to look at the screen, but when I was done the screen displayed 4.8 miles (4.8km = 3m).

This has been reported on the Nike+ forums and they are looking into it.

Cheers

Good news! Glad it is bug and nothing specific to my nano. Thanks for the info and hopefully they get it fixed soon. I can deal with it now that I know what is going on.

bigbadnewill
Oct 12, 2007, 08:22 PM
I hope they sort the problem soon!!! I already have my nano for running, but have to wait until my birthday for my nike+ kit. I'm so excited for it. No doubt i'll hate the accuracy though, as i will no longer be able to say "I ran 4 miles today" when i probably only did 2miles, haha :D

Seems that quite a few of apples updates re causing a few problems recently! I wonder if things are getting a little slacker in Apple HQ?!

Still loving my Nano though, it's a machine of beauty, even if (Product) Red is actually PINK! :S

BennyK
Oct 23, 2007, 11:25 PM
Anyone hear anything more about when this will be fixed? It sure is annoying!

bigbadnewill
Nov 1, 2007, 03:16 PM
No mate, the problem still occurs. I've just taken it as a nice opportunity to learn km's as no problem exists when you choose the iPod to track distance in km's.

I am loving the Nike+ kit, and the womans voice is seductive, haha!