PDA

View Full Version : Update cleaned out my iTune

ScubaDuc
Oct 10, 2007, 01:36 PM
This is really strange. After I did the last update I loaded a couple of song and found my iTune library empty :eek: Everything is on the iPod but when I try to get it back I get an error message saying it is not the right iTune library. I only used the mini to sync and I did not change the name... WTF :mad:

How can I get my songs and movies back from the iPod please.... Help !!!!

Ah, Ipod Classic and MacMini CD 2 Gb Ram on OSX 10.4.10 :rolleyes:

plinden
Oct 10, 2007, 01:42 PM
Check that your songs aren't still in your iTunes folder. Perhaps the library file is gone.

Or, are you sure you're logged into the correct account?

Anyway, if you're really stuck, I've used Senuti to get songs off an iPod after a HD failure.

ScubaDuc
Oct 10, 2007, 01:57 PM
They are not in the iTune library and in the back up there is a garageband (empty) folder as well but it's gone also. I would have to ripp all the movies again... as the back up is from August.... :(

The iTune library is totally empty... I don't understand how that could have happened.. :mad:

ScubaDuc
Oct 10, 2007, 02:17 PM
Merci, j'ai decharge' senuti et il a' l'aire de bien marchez

Thanks a zillion.. I am not sure if i'tll work for teh movies but I hope so

Really, I was about ready to go postal on Apple :rolleyes:

The Airport update messed up both my mini and my macbook. TheiMac extreme I got last week has random freezing issues and now the iTune folder disappearing

Aaaaapppleeee.... mais zut alors :mad:

plinden
Oct 10, 2007, 02:24 PM
I would still check that the files aren't somewhere else on your Mac first. Is your free disk space what you would expect without your music library?

ScubaDuc
Oct 10, 2007, 03:36 PM
If they are, I sure cannot find them. I tried searching for the tunes with spotlight without avail... Now that I got teh songs back with senuti... Do I have to import them in iTunes one album at the time? Hope not :confused:

Sorry but I've only had the iPod for a couple of weeks so I am not well versed with it yet.. :o I appreciate your kind help