PDA

View Full Version : Stuffed Ipod Touch?

Bunji
Oct 10, 2007, 02:09 PM
i was using my week 39 ipod touch last night when suddely the screen locked up . the music was still playing but i can't do anything when i touch the screen

jmpage2
Oct 10, 2007, 02:22 PM
i was using my week 39 ipod touch last night when suddely the screen locked up . the music was still playing but i can't do anything when i touch the screen

Holding down the home screen button and the power/sleep button together for 5 seconds will force a hard reset of the device.

Bunji
Oct 10, 2007, 02:23 PM
tried that screen still doesn't work

Arisian
Oct 10, 2007, 02:30 PM
doesnt work? you need to be more specific...

Bunji
Oct 10, 2007, 02:34 PM
ok so i was listening to music and browsing the web then suddenly bamb the screen stop working when i was typing a forum post. but that i mean i when i touch the screen nothing happins try and slide to unlock the bar does not move. the screen doesn't work at all now i have retstarted it and restored it to factory default and still the screen doesn't work when touched

pushateg7
Oct 10, 2007, 02:53 PM
ok so i was listening to music and browsing the web then suddenly bamb the screen stop working when i was typing a forum post. but that i mean i when i touch the screen nothing happins try and slide to unlock the bar does not move. the screen doesn't work at all now i have retstarted it and restored it to factory default and still the screen doesn't work when touched

I had the same thing happen to me as far as not being able to "touch" anything on the screen.

I wasn't stressing the ipod or anything. I did the complete restore and upgraded the firmware and it worked......for 2 days then locked up again.

Since restoring didn't help you, I'd bring it back to Apple as soon as possible.

I returned my week 38 due to this problem on Monday, and now I have a week 39.

edit: here's the link to my thread http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=365986