PDA

View Full Version : ebay g5

mmathis
Aug 30, 2003, 02:48 PM
hey guys check this out.
there are some people selling "G5"s on ebay for dirt cheap (like $200-$300). I'm pretty sure it's a scam, but does anyone know what's going on for sure? There's also a guy selling a "Dual G5 w/23" Studio Display" for $3000. This stuff has to be a scam. Check out the picture they're using in their auctions. Anyone seen this before?

MoparShaha
Aug 30, 2003, 03:18 PM
If anyone bought this, I wouldn't even feel sorry for them. It's amazing how these morons think they can put something like this up for sale. I mean, c'mon!

Horrortaxi
Aug 30, 2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by mmathis
hey guys check this out.
there are some people selling "G5"s on ebay for dirt cheap (like $200-$300).

I think you put your quotes in the wrong place. They're "selling" G5s. Of course it's a scam--and a well documented one at that.

Keith Purfield
Aug 30, 2003, 03:32 PM
No, he put the quotes around G5 because if you look at the picture he attached, it's not a real G5.

rainman::|:|
Aug 30, 2003, 03:38 PM
no, it's totally legit, people sell products that don't technically exist for 10% of what they should be worth all the time. I suggest you empty your bank accounts, sell your property, and invest everything in these.

:rolleyes:

did you honestly have to ask?

pnw

zarathustra
Aug 30, 2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by mmathis
hey guys check this out.
there are some people selling "G5"s on ebay for dirt cheap (like $200-$300). I'm pretty sure it's a scam, but does anyone know what's going on for sure? There's also a guy selling a "Dual G5 w/23" Studio Display" for $3000. This stuff has to be a scam. Check out the picture they're using in their auctions. Anyone seen this before?

Can you link to these auctions? I somehow have a hard time imagining they would use that ratty mock-up to sell the G5s. Even scammers know that a real picture is more enticing...

PS: Are you just trying a really back-handed way of showing off a mock-up you did in an idle moment? ;)

Horrortaxi
Aug 30, 2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Keith Purfield
No, he put the quotes around G5 because if you look at the picture he attached, it's not a real G5.

Right, but they're not actually selling it either. : )