Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sabre252

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2003
hey,

I gota memmory question this time :-D

i have a now useless dell laptop that uses SoDIMM memmory, and my pwrbk uses the same TYPE but i'm not sure about the speed, i do however know that both are DDR

if possible i'd like to move my 512mb sim over from my dell to my powerbook, (Titanium 12') is this possible? is the memmory the same? i've heard mixed reviews of doing this

-- thanks for your help

Sabre252

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I would suggest going to various websites, looking up the RAM modules for each and seeing if the model numbers are the same.

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
Look up your dell laptop online, to see what speed of ram it has, then look up the powerbook (I don't know what speed it uses) and see if they match. Or you can go to crucial (http://www.crucial.com/ ) and use their memory selector system to see what memory your model of Dell laptop would take and what mem. your PB uses. Hope this helps!:)

Sabre252

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2003
Thanks alot, it seems that my powerbook uses faster memmory, which means that i'm going to have to wait to add memmory to my powerbook, i am really impressed by the speeed and kindness shown on this forum, keep it up

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.