Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madmaxmedia

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 17, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
For those who have added a bunch of apps (Apple and 3rd party), is your Touch still just as quick and responsive as before? I don't mean when using the actual extra apps themselves, I mean the general responsiveness of the OS, music playing, etc.

I had previously read of iPhones slowing down a bit after adding a lot of stuff, just curious what your results have been. I wonder if there are certain apps that tend to slow down the UI more than others.

Laurent

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2003
Montréal, Québec
For those who have added a bunch of apps (Apple and 3rd party), is your Touch still just as quick and responsive as before? I don't mean when using the actual extra apps themselves, I mean the general responsiveness of the OS, music playing, etc.

I had previously read of iPhones slowing down a bit after adding a lot of stuff, just curious what your results have been. I wonder if there are certain apps that tend to slow down the UI more than others.
I think the Dock sunshiny thing really slows down the device. Otherwise, I don't seem to have experiment a major slowdown. Remember, applications are still running in the background once you've opened them, so force quiting some of them might help keeping a speedy browsing...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.