PDA

View Full Version : What's in Magician David Blaine's water?

michaello
Aug 31, 2003, 02:15 AM
What's sure to be in the water - any ideas?

zimv20
Aug 31, 2003, 02:49 AM
i give up. is it something political?

K4NN4B15
Aug 31, 2003, 03:32 AM
probably two atoms of hydrogen fused by covlent bonds to a single oxygen atom. but thats just a random guess......

edesignuk
Aug 31, 2003, 07:13 AM
Something that makes him do dumb "stunts" that don't actually take any skill, just endurance, which I for one am not impressed by. His "street magic" is great though!

Sayhey
Aug 31, 2003, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by zimv20
i give up. is it something political?

I give up as well. What is this thread about anyway? michaello, can you post a link?

mactastic
Aug 31, 2003, 09:40 AM
Blaine is going to fast for like 44 days in a plexiglass box suspended over the Thames I believe. Water only. I guess he's bringing diapers though, because he won't be allowed to get out for anything. Yuck.

Link (http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/08/30/cnna.david.blaine/index.html)

Don't know what this has to do with politics though.

edesignuk
Aug 31, 2003, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by mactastic

Don't know what this has to do with politics though.
Indeed, tut tut, those mods aren't keeping an eye on things :p

Anyway, just what the hell is thread supposed to be about anyway exactly :confused:

michaello
Sep 2, 2003, 11:57 AM
What this thread has to do with politics is that David Blaine is going to hang out for 44 days in a box, suspended over the Thames river, consuming nothing but water (which more than likely is chock full of nutrients) - for no reason at all other than to further his career and make some more money.

At first, he hinted that his stunt was a "Political Statement", but this statement quickly disappeared, probably at the behest of his sponsors.

See, his stunt hints at some problems we are facing in the world today:

1. Starvation
2. Water - or lack of water
3. Persecution (he's in a box, suspended over a river)
4. You get the point.

What I was getting at is - he had a shot to make some sort of statement, but quickly pulled back from it, and now his act is another empty stunt, a bit of publicity that has no bearing on the world at all.

It's all about him - see, it's the opposite of, say, what John and Yoko might have done.

And, considering the audience this stunt will reach, it's another missed opportunity to have made "a point", and to raise some awareness and possibly open some eyes.

So, this is why this thread is political.

mactastic
Sep 2, 2003, 12:01 PM
Oh, hey thanks for clearing that up. I had no idea he even thought about using this as a political statement. It sure would make more sense.

michaello
Sep 2, 2003, 12:12 PM
Yeah - I should have replied sooner, sorry.

patrick0brien
Sep 2, 2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by michaello
What's sure to be in the water - any ideas?

-michaello

Dinitrogen oxide!

Where's he going to pee?

michaello
Sep 2, 2003, 02:19 PM
Into a "tube" - hopefully not into the Thames ...

Sayhey
Sep 2, 2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by patrick0brien
-michaello

Dinitrogen oxide!

Where's he going to pee?

patrick0brien, last I knew water has two hydrogen atoms to one of oxygen, unless you're talking of something else that went right over my head. Which is of course entirely possible. ;)

patrick0brien
Sep 2, 2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Sayhey
patrick0brien, last I knew water has two hydrogen atoms to one of oxygen, unless you're talking of something else that went right over my head. Which is of course entirely possible. ;)

-Sayhey

Oopsie! Dihydrogen oxide!

Dinitrogen oxide is just more phun (nitrous oxide - laughing gas).