Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nightwolf

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 4, 2005
Ontario, CANADA
When I upload, I get so many question marks in my code and I deleted alot of my page. When I upload with a windows machine, this does not happen at all!? The source shows the ? marks all over the place and the code is under archives and u can also see it when u click and scroll under archives on the right. Heres the site http://samhunter.myknet.org/

This just started happening two weeks ago and I dont now why this started??

My preferences are when saving file: Only delete the automatic backup file is checked.

When opening a file: Ignore rtf in html files is checked

Plain text encoding is both automatic.
Html Saving Options
Html savng options is set to 4.0.1 Strict
Styling is Embedded CSS
ncoding is Unicode (UTF-8)

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
Any reason you're using TextEdit? It's not really designed for writing code. You can get TextWrangler for free and it handles these types of problems well. The ?s aren't really ?s, but telling you that they're unknown characters. When I copied them into BBEdit it shows up differently, though still not correct.

nightwolf

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 4, 2005
Ontario, CANADA
Thanx guys

I downloaded taco and for free... it gets no better than that!

I have dreamweaver and adobe but hand code is all I do and that seems to work fine. I find that dreamweaver is more of a "What you see isnt what you get!"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.