Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2007
like my title my ipod is messed..
this is the whole steps i did

first i copied the itunesmobiledevice.dll into the setup.exe
then my itunes wouldn't sync with my touch
i then went to the tiff exploit site thing
then i used the touchfree setup
but didnt work it failed
then i tried to restore my ipod but my itunes only gives me an error say my the software for my iphone is not available
then after some more trying to jailbreak, i tried to restore it again but this time it gives me another error say the netork connection is not in but my internet works
then i tried it the touch free setup again but the patching took too long
thats it

wat do i do
plz help i dont want a broken ipod :(:(:(:(:(

chrisdazzo

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2006
Mountains
Serves you (and everyone else who got their iPhone/Touch bricked) right. Don't mess with the iPod... And it doesn't mess with you. Simply put, leave it alone. :apple:

gosling

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2007
hold the sleep/wake button and home button until the ipod resets, and once you see the apple logo, KEEP PRESSING HOME, but stop pressing sleep/wake. your ipod should go in to recovery mode. then restore.

P.S. Keep the ipod plugged in with itunes open

ahmed.hassan

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2007
You can put iPod touch into recovery mode, which should then allow iTunes to recognise and then safely restore your device.

IIRC, iPod touch is put into recovery mode by switching it off, and then before switching it back on, press and hold the home button, and keep it held until the screen displays an iPod cable and an iTunes icon.

Edit: I apolgise gosling, I didn't see your post!

jacktiernan

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2007
Vic, Australia
Serves you (and everyone else who got their iPhone/Touch bricked) right. Don't mess with the iPod... And it doesn't mess with you. Simply put, leave it alone. :apple:

Far out dude. That's really harsh.

If you don't have something helpful to say, why bother posting?

Anyway...84686:

Do what the above poster said. I had a few tense moments in the process of hacking. It should work.

Reactions: Manntoes

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2007
thanks for ur posts ppl
i fixed it!!!!
i was so stupid i could of just restored it on my 2nd pc lol

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2007
ya i'll remeber that
so is it still safe to try jailbreak again??

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2007
ok
i tried it again
now i got to the point where i had to enter my ip address
i read the different ways of gettin ip addresess, i treid the way on the touch (settings>wifi>blue arrow), and goin on command prompt but they are both difrent i chose one of them but it ended up with network error
now wat??

srri if i'm so problematic i'm a nooob

gosling

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2007
ok
i tried it again
now i got to the point where i had to enter my ip address
i read the different ways of gettin ip addresess, i treid the way on the touch (settings>wifi>blue arrow), and goin on command prompt but they are both difrent i chose one of them but it ended up with network error
now wat??

srri if i'm so problematic i'm a nooob

use the one that you obtain from the settings of ur ipod

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2007
i used the guide from "Practically fully Automated Windows Jailbreak Install here by planetbeing!!"
i dont get 6b and from that
in 6a wats the # sign for?

6b. Follow steps 7.5-7.11 in http://www.iphonealley.com/news/ipho...allation-guide (when they say type, they mean type in the SSH session)
6c. Note that before Trip1PogoStick is visible, you must install the Community Sources package
in Installer.app. This is not mentioned in that tutorial

James L

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2004

Were you the kid that used to take his ball and go home pouting?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.