Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xero108

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 9, 2007
I tried to find information before I made this thread, but I didn't find anything.

So I wanna know hoe to unistall Windows off my MacBook without screwing anything up. How do I do it safely?

todd2000

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2005
Danville, VA
But where is that assistant? I've been looking for it.

The assistant is the same thing you ran to partition the drive in the first place http://www.apple.com/bootcamp

Run that and delete your windows partition.

Of course check to see if you have it installed in your Utilities directory before you download the 350MB file again. You should still have it from when you first installed Windows.

bob5820

macrumors 6502a
Running into a similar problem on my macbook. I had my Windows installation running under Bootcamp 1.3. When I try to launch Bootcamp assistant I get a message that 1.3 is expired. Can I just install 1.4 and use it to delete the WIndows partition?

Bill Gates

macrumors 68030
Jun 21, 2006
Running into a similar problem on my macbook. I had my Windows installation running under Bootcamp 1.3. When I try to launch Bootcamp assistant I get a message that 1.3 is expired. Can I just install 1.4 and use it to delete the WIndows partition?
Yes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.