PDA

View Full Version : Nano for video?

papadopolis1024
Oct 11, 2007, 09:42 PM
Ok so I ride my bike a good bit and so I think the touch (no matter how bad I want it but hey maybe I will get it later) would be a good idea for it (Would you agree?). But I also ride the bus around (It is a nice bus DONT WORRY!) and I would like to watch videos on the route (about 30 mins each way) and so I would prob watch a TV show in between the routes but to get to the point. Is the Nanos screen ok for watching video? It just looks so DAMN small? So those who own a nano let me know how it is PLEASE!

KurtangleTN
Oct 12, 2007, 05:16 PM
Yeah I also want to know this, I was honestly pretty surprised to see them in person and see how small the screen was.. they were at Wal-Mart behind glass off, so I couldn't get a sample of the video playback.

In your situation, I'm unsure.. what type of videos are you looking to play?

calculus
Oct 12, 2007, 05:24 PM
The screen is small but the quality is very good. I watched an episode of Lost on mine the other day and it was fine.

papadopolis1024
Oct 12, 2007, 05:47 PM
The screen is small but the quality is very good. I watched an episode of Lost on mine the other day and it was fine.

So The Office would be fine? I guess so.

calculus
Oct 12, 2007, 05:50 PM
So The Office would be fine? I guess so.

I don't see why not. I set mine up to show full screen so that I get the biggest picture size.

BiikeMike
Oct 12, 2007, 05:54 PM
I don't have any videos on my new nano, but the screen is impressive! I have played Vortex a number of times, and it is plenty big for that.

The nano screen really is not much smaller than the classic screen. I'd say fo for it!

If I think of it, I'll see if I can get some comparison photos

Tim117
Oct 12, 2007, 05:57 PM
It works really well. Seriously, trust me.

I ripped two DVD's on it (via HandBrake) and they looks great on the nano.

Then I downloaded some boxing fights and they wern't very high quality (bad resolution, and weird shaped video) and on the nano it looks just as blurry as it does on the computer.

DOORSam32
Oct 20, 2007, 09:40 PM
i still think u need a bigger screen. thats y i got a reg. 30 gig video. another reason is that memory is taken up well by T>V> and movies- i would no. how much memory does a nano video have???