Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dangerxtrem

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2007
Hi... I'm able to receive emails with the mail.app, however whenever I reply or I make a new email, it crashes the Mail.app.

I also noticed that whenever I go into the mail setting(Settings->Mail) and I go into the signature part to edit it, it crashes as well.

I've done the chmods many times as well as copy the program back many times (From the software 1.1.1)

Anyone has any idea as to why it crashes?
Thank you.

Project

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2005
Hmm, I can't even get that far. I can add my Gmail account in settings but when I press Mail it just has a blank screen with fresh at the bottom then crashes. How did you get it to work as far as you have?

dangerxtrem

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2007
Hmm, I can't even get that far. I can add my Gmail account in settings but when I press Mail it just has a blank screen with fresh at the bottom then crashes. How did you get it to work as far as you have?
Have you done the chmods yet??

chmod -Rf +x /Applications/

AND
chmod -R a+x /Applications/*

It should work afterwards... Also make sure that you did put the PrefenceMail.Bundle into your Touch...

Now, anyone know the problem as to why I can't send or reply to any of my email?

Thank You.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.