PDA

View Full Version : iPod 80 GB Classic can I use the last universal dock?

powerbook911
Oct 12, 2007, 09:48 AM
Right now I have a 60 GB first iPod with Video. I use the universal dock.

If I get the 80 GB classic, will I be able to use the universal dock? Does the 80 GB classic come with an insert for the old universal dock, or do you have to use the new dock?

Thanks!!!

Danksi
Oct 12, 2007, 09:59 AM
Right now I have a 60 GB first iPod with Video. I use the universal dock.

If I get the 80 GB classic, will I be able to use the universal dock? Does the 80 GB classic come with an insert for the old universal dock, or do you have to use the new dock?

Thanks!!!

I have the last iPod Universal Dock (with the infra-red etc) and the 80Gb Classic. We mainly use it to view Video through the S-Video connector on the dock.

I don't know if the insert fits (assume it would), because we don't use them for our Nano and Classic.

I'm wondering if the new Dock will allow Frontrow control with Leopard.

Piarco
Oct 12, 2007, 10:42 AM
It does - I've been using my classic 80GB with the "old" dock since release, it works exactly how you'd expect, and the new inserts fit fine. :D

jarenado
Oct 12, 2007, 11:13 AM
i was confused at first about the front row comment, but that makes sense, since you have a powerbook. I have a macbook and it was my first mac, so I always tend to overlook the fact that not all macs have an ir sensor

Phil A.
Oct 12, 2007, 12:30 PM
I can confirm it fits the dock and uses the same adapter as the "old" 30G iPod (one is also supplied with the iPod)