PDA

View Full Version : Half-broken Airport Card in PowerBook?

Coolnat2004
Oct 12, 2007, 02:09 PM
Last week, my airport connection suddenly stopped working (and I mean JUST as I was working on it, it started failing). It would connect to the network fine, but it could not communicate with the router through DHCP and even with a static IP, it could not transfer any network data.

I put in my brother's working airport card, and it worked, so I ordered a refurbished airport card from ifixit.com. I put that in today, and it is showing the same symptoms of my old card. I don't have my brother's PowerBook to test his card again, so I don't know what to do.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Reflow
Oct 12, 2007, 02:57 PM
Last week, my airport connection suddenly stopped working (and I mean JUST as I was working on it, it started failing). It would connect to the network fine, but it could not communicate with the router through DHCP and even with a static IP, it could not transfer any network data.

I put in my brother's working airport card, and it worked, so I ordered a refurbished airport card from ifixit.com. I put that in today, and it is showing the same symptoms of my old card. I don't have my brother's PowerBook to test his card again, so I don't know what to do.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Can it happen to be a DOA card from ifixit? That would be my guess