PDA

View Full Version : More Evidence for October 26th Leopard Target Release?

MacRumors
Oct 12, 2007, 03:10 PM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)

http://images.macrumors.com/article/2007/10/12/oct26.png

Apple has been rumored (http://www.macrumors.com/2007/10/04/mac-os-x-leopard-on-october-26th/) to be targeting Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard's release on October 26th. More evidence of that comes from Apple's own online store.

While Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard is not yet available for pre-order from Apple, Apple still sells Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) (http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?nnmm=browse&mco=212A6562&node=home/shop_mac/software/apple). If you try to order Tiger now, the estimated ship date is coincidentally also October 26th, 2007.

Article Link (http://www.macrumors.com/2007/10/12/more-evidence-for-october-26th-leopard-target-release/)

Peace
Oct 12, 2007, 03:11 PM
This wasn't on the store yesterday.
Leopard has reached GM :D

Thertel88
wow thats awesome..here it comes

iMikeT
I think Steve would call this "Premature specification."

Thertel88
Oct 12, 2007, 03:12 PM
Although it mentions that mac osx 10.4 tiger is coming out the 26th not leopard

Iamtherealwoody
Oct 12, 2007, 03:12 PM
I can't wait! Now what to do with this idle 2 weeks!!!!!;)

StealthRider
Oct 12, 2007, 03:13 PM
If you try to order Tiger now, the estimated ship date is coincidentally also October 26th, 2007

coincidentally

Mhm. Suuuure it is.

Peace
Oct 12, 2007, 03:14 PM
Although it mentions that mac osx 10.4 tiger is coming out the 26th not leopard

Tiger was released April 29th

Quit a difference eh?

Thataboy
Oct 12, 2007, 03:15 PM
Announce! Up to date!
Announce! Up to date!
Announce! Up to date!
Announce! Up to date!
Announce! Up to date!
pleeeeeease :) I want to buy the iMac nowwwwww <whine>

narco
Wow, this is awesome. It's close to the 1st which means I'll have money to buy it. Hopefully it doesn't run sluggish on my aging 2.0GHZ Powermac G5. I am a little bummed that they shrunk the boxes since it'll look a little awkward next to all the other OS boxes.

Fishes,
narco.

JSpence

hahahahahaha

Idk what this means, maybe this is some sort of treat for us hardcore Leopard followers? lol Is it likely for them to do something like this?

lofight
Enough evidence to know that it's the 26th right?

Peace
Oct 12, 2007, 03:22 PM
Here's Google's cache of the Apple store Oct 7th.

http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:p6IKmgN2bMcJ:store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID%3Fmco%3D405B1455%26nplm%3DMA453Z%252FA+tiger+apple+store&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us&client=safari

Here's the new one

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=7E4EB91E&nplm=MA453Z/A

Leopard hits shelves Oct.26th

dderek26
Oct 12, 2007, 03:27 PM
Maybe they're letting you know that Tiger won't ship out until the 26th and then poof, it's gone and you really get Leopard instead!

Freg3000
Oct 12, 2007, 03:28 PM
hahahahahaha

Idk what this means, maybe this is some sort of treat for us hardcore Leopard followers? lol Is it likely for them to do something like this?

Steve said that "premature specification" was the way that one guy inside Apple referred to the leaking of the G5 specs before the 2003 WWDC keynote.

http://www.macrumors.com/2003/06/19/apple-accidentally-leaks-specs/

ChrisA
Oct 12, 2007, 03:28 PM
what this really means is that you can no longer buy Tiger from the Apple on-line store. I think they do not want to have to handle all the returns where people buying Tiger would send it back after the Leopard announcement.

twoodcc
Oct 12, 2007, 03:30 PM
alright! just what i wanted to hear! now we just need an announcement from Apple tonight :cool: :apple:

joet1029
Oct 12, 2007, 03:32 PM
I just went to the Apple store and ordered Tiger and the ship date is still within 24 hours of the order date (not october 26th) for whichever distribution center services the Mid-Atlantic States.

AppleiMac
Oct 12, 2007, 03:32 PM
Yup, it's coming on the 26th. It totally makes sense, it's on a Friday, etc like they usually do. Here comes Leopard!

ClassicBean
Oct 12, 2007, 03:33 PM
Why, then, does the family pack ship within 24 hours?

queshy
Oct 12, 2007, 03:33 PM
He just won the nobel peace prize. :)

Ooh, I didn't know about that. good for him...now how about leopard? lol

Peace
Oct 12, 2007, 03:34 PM
Why, then, does the family pack ship within 24 hours?

I'm taking this as one of Apple's well known "slips" ;)

dokein
Oct 12, 2007, 03:35 PM
Darn it! I was planning to finally upgrade to Tiger. Now I have to wait 2 more weeks.

Eidorian
Oct 12, 2007, 03:38 PM
Keep in mind, Al Gore is on the Apple Board of Directors. That explains why he is on their home page.

The whole Al Gore thing on the front page is prob. just a filler for an announcement image.In before shop of Gore announcing Leopard.

paulyras
Oct 12, 2007, 03:39 PM
I love how they show Al in front of a picture of a hurricane. Because everyone knows global warming causes more, bigger, nastier hurricanes. That's why we've had so many this season and last, just like everyone predicted.

Way to elevate the Leopard release discussion....

bravedeer
Oct 12, 2007, 03:40 PM
Give Me Leo Dammit!

seashellz2
Oct 12, 2007, 03:41 PM
could it be that APPLE has let inventories of Tiger fall to zero, and thus are ordering more?
Many still want to buy Tiger.

Besides, the date listed is Im sure still 'tentative', since GM it seems, wont be announced untill next week-if then.

2 weeks from GM>pressing plant/packaging>to stores, who usually like to have stocks in hand, ready and in place a couple days before street anyway- and actually have physical product in store when the street date hits.

Unlikely, even if 10.5 were announced today

And I dont think Steve would have to fall on his sword, if the date slipped to Nov 2-3- at least its an October week...

Montserrat
Oct 12, 2007, 03:41 PM
Yes it is? Why would they have that up there? Kind of dumb to have on your front page, and can alienate some customers. They should have products up there!

"We are bursting with pride"? :rolleyes:

Well he is on the board. I know they've had other special (non-product) announcements on the front page, but I can't remember any of them...

Roric
Oct 12, 2007, 03:42 PM
Yes it is? Why would they have that up there? Kind of dumb to have on your front page, and can alienate some customers. They should have products up there!

"We are bursting with pride"? :rolleyes:

Because he is one of the 7 members of Apple's board of directors and the Nobel Peace prize is an internationally recognized achievement.

Le Big Mac
Oct 12, 2007, 03:47 PM
what this really means is that you can no longer buy Tiger from the Apple on-line store. I think they do not want to have to handle all the returns where people buying Tiger would send it back after the Leopard announcement.

Good point. They should just take it off the market now, to avoid any consumer confusion.

texkev73
Oct 12, 2007, 03:48 PM
Hurry up hurry up hurry up...Come on...I cant wait...:)

offwidafairies
Oct 12, 2007, 03:48 PM
Woohoo!! I smell a new computer :D

Squire
Oct 12, 2007, 03:53 PM
I recently bought a MacBook. (Had to for work.) What kind of upgrade window do they usually give recent hardware purchasers? 1 month? I can't remember what the policy was when Tiger came out.

-Squire

usc2k
Oct 12, 2007, 03:53 PM
Well he is on the board. I know they've had other special (non-product) announcements on the front page, but I can't remember any of them...

One example would be in 2005 when Rosa Parks died. Apple posted a special tribute to her: http://www.macobserver.com/images/viewimage.shtml?src=/images/news/2005/20051027rosaparks/applehome.jpg

offwidafairies
Oct 12, 2007, 03:56 PM
Because he is one of the 7 members of Apple's board of directors and the Nobel Peace prize is an internationally recognized achievement.

Exactly. I think its awesome Al Gore won the Nobel Peace Prize. It's fantastic Apple is getting greener too

Multimedia
Oct 12, 2007, 03:58 PM
What a fantastic Friday! :)

Taylor C
Oct 12, 2007, 04:02 PM

Lol. PowerMac G5 launch quotes ftw.

gguerini
Oct 12, 2007, 04:04 PM
Its funny:

Direct from AppleStore:

Mac OS X v10.4 Tiger
Unleash Tiger on your Mac today. Choose a single user license for home or office. Got more than one Mac at home? Upgrade up to 5 Macs in your household for one low price with the Family Pack*.

Select your product:
Single User
Ships: October 26th $129.00 Free Shipping

Family Pack
Ships: Within 24 hours $199.00 Free Shipping

And now???? :confused::confused::confused:

HailToTheVictor
Oct 12, 2007, 04:05 PM
Apple has not 'fixed' the ship date yet, taking a little long. Someone is having their last day of work today:(

milo
Oct 12, 2007, 04:05 PM
could it be that APPLE has let inventories of Tiger fall to zero, and thus are ordering more?
Many still want to buy Tiger.

"Many still want to buy Tiger"? Sure, many will want to stick with tiger, at least for a while. But you really think there are "many" who want tiger, but have waited until the month Leopard ships to upgrade to it?

Eidorian
Oct 12, 2007, 04:06 PM
Apple Retail Online Store
http://www.math.purdue.edu/~abarreno/retail.png

Apple US Higher Education Store
http://www.math.purdue.edu/~abarreno/oct26.png

More love from the US Higher Education Store. ;)

mwp98223
Oct 12, 2007, 04:06 PM
I just logged into the "Education Store" as well. They show Tiger for $69 and a ship date of October 26. I'm sure it is linked from the same information...but....

PS....Eidorian...we had the same idea. Thanks for the screen shot.

dagrouch
Oct 12, 2007, 04:08 PM
FFS... just announce already so I can stop hitting refresh on all the rumor sites.

Eidorian
Oct 12, 2007, 04:09 PM
I just logged into the "Education Store" as well. They show Tiger for $69 and a ship date of October 26. I'm sure it is linked from the same information...but....

PS....Eidorian...we had the same idea. Thanks for the screen shot.No problem.

JSpence
Oct 12, 2007, 04:09 PM
I just went to check it out for myself on the Apple Store site and now the dates are gone? Or is it just me, looking in the wrong place?

Antares
Oct 12, 2007, 04:14 PM
I don't know if this is good or bad yet. :confused:

Question, though: How many people would have bought Tiger this month knowing that Leopard (would) be released in a couple of weeks? Why would someone do that?

Multimedia
Oct 12, 2007, 04:14 PM
Many still want to buy Tiger.Many G4 Macs running under 867MHz and all G3 Macs with FW ports can still be upgraded to Tiger. So I don't see Apple not continuing to sell Tiger unless they feel they don't need to support the older Macs any more."Many still want to buy Tiger"? Sure, many will want to stick with tiger, at least for a while. But you really think there are "many" who want tiger, but have waited until the month Leopard ships to upgrade to it?Lots of legacy systems will want to upgrade to Tiger for many years to come. Will Apple continue to offer Tiger for sale for that target? Or will Apple just drop support for them altogether?

mwp98223
Oct 12, 2007, 04:15 PM
The "leak" seems to have been "sealed."..... I don't see the date anymore....

Peace
I just went to check it out for myself on the Apple Store site and now the dates are gone? Or is it just me, looking in the wrong place?

They removed the date.

Eidorian
Many G4 Macs running under 867MHz and all G3 Macs with FW ports can still be upgraded to Tiger. So I don't see Apple not continuing to sell Tiger unless they feel they don't need to support the older Macs any more.Lots of legacy systems will want to upgrade to Tiger for many years to come. Will Apple continue to offer Tiger for sale for that target? Or will Apple just drop support for them altogether?Apple dropped a lot of legacy machines with Panther and Tiger.

A lot of G4 hardware also hit vintage status from Apple.

naroola
Oct 12, 2007, 04:16 PM
Apple on-line store shows 24 hours now for OSX Tiger. Oct 26th no more! :eek:

The OSX Leopard Server web page has a button showing "Buy Now". Check it out... http://www.apple.com/server/macosx/leopard/

Peel
Oct 12, 2007, 04:17 PM
The Apple store is back to saying "Ships within 24 hours" for both the single user, and family pack.

JSpence
Oct 12, 2007, 04:17 PM
Was it just a mistake? Or a hint . . .:D I was going to have an Apple Chat and ask some questions, but now that I saw it was gone. . . :rolleyes:

Eidorian
Oct 12, 2007, 04:18 PM
The shipping time has been corrected on the Apple Higher Education Store.

Peace
Oct 12, 2007, 04:20 PM
Was it just a mistake? Or a hint . . .:D I was going to have an Apple Chat and ask some questions, but now that I saw it was gone. . . :rolleyes:

It was a reminder to folks that Apple is shipping Leopard Oct.26th.
They put the date there on purpose knowing it would be seen then they removed the date after they saw it was noticed.

Apple has done this before.

kkat69
Oct 12, 2007, 04:26 PM
"If you try to order Tiger now, the estimated ship date is coincidentally also October 26th, 2007."

Maybe a fluke with the "delivery date" but I tried it up to actually commiting to buying and it shows delivery on:

Mac OS X v10.4 Tiger
Part Number: MA453Z/A 1 $129.00 $129.00
Ships by: Oct 12 - Oct 15
Delivers by: Oct 16 - Oct 19

So either there was a fudge and it's fixed or it was just someone's unlucky fortune that it just "happened" to be delivered on the rumor date.

reckless_0001
Oct 12, 2007, 04:28 PM
The OSX Leopard Server web page has a button showing "Buy Now". Check it out... http://www.apple.com/server/macosx/leopard/

Good catch! :)

Mykbibby
Oct 12, 2007, 04:28 PM
So let's say I buy tiger today... will they ship me leopard instead on the 26th? If that's the case, then I guess Leopards available for pre-order on Apple.com! I'm buying Tiger!

Multimedia
Oct 12, 2007, 04:29 PM
The OSX Leopard Server web page has a button showing "Buy Now". Check it out... http://www.apple.com/server/macosx/leopard/But the Buy Now link goes to a Tiger order page. Looks like they're confused about which ducks belong in what row in what order right now as they get ready to release Leopard ordering very soon now.

reckless_0001
Oct 12, 2007, 04:32 PM

I just checked the archive.org, that button was there since the page was online (August 20th, 2006).

Loudwater
Oct 12, 2007, 04:34 PM
How about the MacBook rumour in early Nov?! Damn... I've been waiting for too long... stupid iphone :mad: My plan was to get my new MacBook when Leopard came out, now I'll probably wait into the 1st or 2nd week of November to see if they upgrade the MacBook. :(

P.S. FIRST POST! haha I've been reading the forum for a while...

milo
Oct 12, 2007, 04:35 PM
Many G4 Macs running under 867MHz and all G3 Macs with FW ports can still be upgraded to Tiger. So I don't see Apple not continuing to sell Tiger unless they feel they don't need to support the older Macs any more.Lots of legacy systems will want to upgrade to Tiger for many years to come. Will Apple continue to offer Tiger for sale for that target? Or will Apple just drop support for them altogether?

Seriously? You honestly think there are "lots" of users who are on 10.3 or lower now and will upgrade to tiger "many years" from now? Why would someone want to wait that long to go to an OS that's already been out 2.5 years? If I were in apple's shoes, I'd do a last call for anyone wanting to buy 10.4 then discontinue it after a while. At that point, if someone still hasn't even made it to 10.4, they probably never will. The analogous situation is someone wanting to upgrade to 10.3 today - why would someone be interested in doing that now?

How long did apple sell 10.3 after 10.4 shipped?

Multimedia
Oct 12, 2007, 04:35 PM
So let's say I buy tiger today... will they ship me leopard instead on the 26th? If that's the case, then I guess Leopards available for pre-order on Apple.com! I'm buying Tiger!No you better wait a few more hours until they say you are pre-ordering Leopard. It's not going to get to you any sooner if you wait until it says Leopard. All of us who order Leopard in the next week or so will get it on Thursday October 25 or Friday October 26. That's what happened when Tiger went on pre-sale. I was first in line at the Palo Alto store party line with Tiger already installed on my PB.

Multimedia
Oct 12, 2007, 04:39 PM
Seriously? You honestly think there are "lots" of users who are on 10.3 or lower now and will upgrade to tiger "many years" from now? Why would someone want to wait that long to go to an OS that's already been out 2.5 years? If I were in apple's shoes, I'd do a last call for anyone wanting to buy 10.4 then discontinue it after a while. At that point, if someone still hasn't even made it to 10.4, they probably never will. The analogous situation is someone wanting to upgrade to 10.3 today - why would someone be interested in doing that now?Oh you'd be surprised. I recently came across an 800 MHz G4 iMac Lamp that was still running Jaguar 10.2.8. When I asked the owner why she hadn't upgraded the system she said she was afraid it would break all her applications. Most owners are very ignorant about the advantages of staying current. She had no clue her Mac would run twice as fast with Tiger and more ram inside. And this was the young wife of a doctor. Money was not an issue.

How long did apple sell 10.3 after 10.4 shipped?No time at all. They immediately stopped selling Panther as soon as the pre-orders went into effect. But this time might be different since so many more systems are negatively affected by this upgrade they can't graduate to. I can assure you there are still millions of Macs out there running OS 9.1.0 as well as OS 8.7.1 that could be running Tiger. :eek:

Of course it's not really in Apple's interest to help any of those owners get Tiger on there since that would cut down on new Mac sales. Apple would probably just want those owners to think they need new hardware to enjoy the benefits of newer system software rather than on their old hardware. Sad but a fact of American corporate mentality to not broadcast new software makes old hardware run better and faster.

yetanotherdave
Oct 12, 2007, 04:54 PM
This proves just one thing.

Apple are more than capable of updating the store without "taking it offline for maintenance". Damm you apple stop taunting us!

rowensiv
Oct 12, 2007, 04:58 PM
yeah... theyre probably looking for other mistakes theyve made

milo
Oct 12, 2007, 05:06 PM
Oh you'd be surprised. I recently came across an 800 MHz G4 iMac Lamp that was still running Jaguar 10.2.8. When I asked the owner why she hadn't upgraded the system she said she was afraid it would break all her applications. Most owners are very ignorant about the advantages of staying current. She had no clue her Mac would run twice as fast with Tiger and more ram inside. And this was the young wife of a doctor. Money was not an issue.No time at all. They immediately stopped selling Panther as soon as the pre-orders went into effect. But this time might be different since so many more systems are negatively affected by this upgrade they can't graduate to. I can assure you there are still millions of Macs out there running OS 9.1.0 as well as OS 8.7.1 that could be running Tiger. :eek:

I'm not sure what's supposed to be surprising about that. Tons of people don't upgrade their OS. If anything, that example supports my point - if people haven't upgraded within a few months, chances are they will never upgrade that machine. I don't doubt that there are tons of machines that could upgrade, but you haven't given any reason to believe that they will ever upgrade.

I suspect they'll stop selling tiger pretty quickly once leopard ships. Anyone who cares about upgrading will know that the new OS is coming and has the opportunity to buy tiger now while they have the chance.

Wayfarer
Oct 12, 2007, 05:06 PM
I've decided to cyrogentically freeze myself into a two week-long coma.

Laterz! ;)

xUKHCx
Oct 12, 2007, 05:14 PM
Is the number 26 anything like the number 23 (http://www.newline.com/properties_the_number23.html)?

6/2=3
26-3=23 :eek:

Come and tell us already they must know the entire world thinks it is going to be released on the 26th.

nvbrit
Oct 12, 2007, 05:23 PM
If the expected release date is Oct 26th at 6pm wouldn't it make sense that the annouce date, if coming soon, would be today at 6pm and then they can start a 14 day countdown? As Apple HQ is in California it would be 6pm PST I assume. Just a thought

psychofreak
Oct 12, 2007, 05:25 PM
But the Buy Now link goes to a Tiger order page. Looks like they're confused about which ducks belong in what row in what order right now as they get ready to release Leopard ordering very soon now.

This excitement is killing me...every day of Leopard month has been agonizing!

xUKHCx
Oct 12, 2007, 05:28 PM
If the expected release date is Oct 26th at 6pm wouldn't it make sense that the annouce date, if coming soon, would be today at 6pm and then they can start a 14 day countdown? As Apple HQ is in California it would be 6pm PST I assume. Just a thought

So we have two and a half hours to wait to see if this is true.

Peace
Oct 12, 2007, 05:30 PM
Probably tomorrow or Tuesday on Apple's page.

milo
Oct 12, 2007, 05:32 PM
If the expected release date is Oct 26th at 6pm wouldn't it make sense that the annouce date, if coming soon, would be today at 6pm and then they can start a 14 day countdown?

No.

Why would apple bother with a countdown? There's no real reason to announce the exact release date much ahead of time.

Multimedia
Oct 12, 2007, 05:32 PM
I'm not sure what's supposed to be surprising about that. Tons of people don't upgrade their OS. If anything, that example supports my point - if people haven't upgraded within a few months, chances are they will never upgrade that machine. I don't doubt that there are tons of machines that could upgrade, but you haven't given any reason to believe that they will ever upgrade.

I suspect they'll stop selling tiger pretty quickly once leopard ships. Anyone who cares about upgrading will know that the new OS is coming and has the opportunity to buy tiger now while they have the chance.The fact that they don't care doesn't mean it isn't in their interest to do so. The problem stems from people having lives that don't include time to watch what upgrades are available and then purchasing them.

In almost all cases, the upgrade would save people time not take time away.

gusapple
Oct 12, 2007, 05:34 PM

My bet is Tuesday, although, 10 days until the release is kinda not a good number. 10 days? Is it possible to produce all of the DVDs you would need within 10 days? It's an honest question.

xUKHCx
Oct 12, 2007, 05:34 PM

yeah bloody al gore. Not much of an environmentalist taking the rightful home of a Leopard.

psychofreak
Oct 12, 2007, 05:36 PM
yeah bloody al gore. Not much of an environmentalist taking the rightful home of a Leopard.

Exactly...the Nobel prize organisation as a whole is just a ploy by MS to focus attention away from Apple...fortunately the PR department have found a way to spin this into "Apple wins the peace prize"-ish :p

gceo
Oct 12, 2007, 05:40 PM
I'm taking this as one of Apple's well known "slips" ;)

me too. All the previous slips were true.

nvbrit
Oct 12, 2007, 05:41 PM
No.

Why would apple bother with a countdown? There's no real reason to announce the exact release date much ahead of time.

Becuase it's my understanding that they have done in the past, and because it's fun! :)

milo
Oct 12, 2007, 05:44 PM
The fact that they don't care doesn't mean it isn't in their interest to do so. The problem stems from people having lives that don't include time to watch what upgrades are available and then purchasing them.

In almost all cases, the upgrade would save people time not take time away.

You're arguing that people should upgrade. I don't disagree with that. But that doesn't mean that people will upgrade.

You're talking about people who 1) Have machines that will run 10.4 but not 10.5 and 2) Haven't upgraded in the 2.5 years they've had already but will want to after 10.5 ships. If anyone really wants to upgrade to tiger after this month, there will still be copies floating around. If you search a bit, you can still easily find copies of 10.3 and earlier.

milo
Oct 12, 2007, 05:45 PM
Becuase it's my understanding that they have done in the past, and because it's fun! :)

And they can't start a countdown 10 days before? Or 8? Or 4? Or 5 days and three hours?

Multimedia
Oct 12, 2007, 05:48 PM
You're arguing that people should upgrade. I don't disagree with that. But that doesn't mean that people will upgrade.

You're talking about people who 1) Have machines that will run 10.4 but not 10.5 and 2) Haven't upgraded in the 2.5 years they've had already but will want to after 10.5 ships. If anyone really wants to upgrade to tiger after this month, there will still be copies floating around. If you search a bit, you can still easily find copies of 10.3 and earlier.Even longer - perhaps 5 even 7 years. I hope you're right about folks being able to find copies in future. I know I would never sell my old system copies. They are historical documents.

Multimedia
Oct 12, 2007, 05:49 PM
And they can't start a countdown 10 days before? Or 8? Or 4? Or 5 days and three hours?There is ALWAYS a countdown. This will be the shortest countdown in OS X history.

nvbrit
Oct 12, 2007, 05:51 PM
And they can't start a countdown 10 days before? Or 8? Or 4? Or 5 days and three hours?

Yes there could be, maybe it'll be 24 hours before... I guess we won't know until it happens!

psychofreak
Oct 12, 2007, 05:52 PM
There is ALWAYS a countdown. This will be the shortest countdown in OS X history.

Unless its coming in Mid-November with an October announcement they call a "release"...

nvbrit
Oct 12, 2007, 06:02 PM
Unless its coming in Mid-November with an October announcement they call a "release"...

The Apple site says "Arriving in October." but doesnt' specify that means October 2007! :rolleyes:

milo
Oct 12, 2007, 06:05 PM

Apple promised to ship in October. If they don't ship in october, no amount of spin is going to make an announcement a release. If it ships late, the headlines will say that it shipped late.

DoFoT9
Oct 12, 2007, 06:07 PM
i dont care about a countdown, i just want it now lol :)
i cant wait to use it, try it out, see how stable it really is, see what new features there are, any maybe some special features????

:apple:

nvbrit
Oct 12, 2007, 06:16 PM
i dont care about a countdown, i just want it now lol :)
i cant wait to use it, try it out, see how stable it really is, see what new features there are, any maybe some special features????

:apple:

but at least if there's a countdown you'd be able to sit and stare at it day and night! :)

redgaz26
Oct 12, 2007, 06:33 PM
but at least if there's a countdown you'd be able to sit and stare at it day and night! :)

you should try waiting for the iphone since january!!!!!!!!!!

yg17
Oct 12, 2007, 06:55 PM
http://www.toddscrap.com/lolleopard.jpg

psychofreak
Oct 12, 2007, 06:56 PM
Apple promised to ship in October. If they don't ship in october, no amount of spin is going to make an announcement a release. If it ships late, the headlines will say that it shipped late.

Apple also previously announced it would ship in spring...heck, some people suggested it might come MacWorld '07...

juxtaposer
Oct 12, 2007, 06:57 PM
Is it not already shipping late? ;)

Eidorian
Oct 12, 2007, 06:58 PM
http://www.toddscrap.com/lolleopard.jpgPost of the day.

hotdamn
Oct 12, 2007, 07:25 PM
more like the decade.

BrokenChairs
Oct 12, 2007, 07:34 PM
With all the hype of Leopard and its imminent release, I only hope that it doesn't disappoint. From an outside point of view, this thing could explode for all the wrong reasons. However we have waited long enough for a potentially amazing OS not to fail.

Bring on Leopard (I need a new machine :D)

Digital Skunk
Oct 12, 2007, 07:40 PM
I think Apple does these website teasers just to see what the rumor readers will do.

Then they take it down of course.

I hope Leopard does come this month. I am tired of waiting for Time Machine, Spaces, the new Dock, and the New Finder. It will be a great refresh from what we have been using since 10.1.

twoodcc
Oct 12, 2007, 08:15 PM
here's to hoping for a countdown starting tomorrow

mrkramer
Oct 12, 2007, 08:16 PM

I was hoping they would have a two week countdown starting 17 minutes ago, but tomorrow would be good too.

xUKHCx
Oct 12, 2007, 08:19 PM

I reckon Al has got the whole weekend.

twoodcc
Oct 12, 2007, 08:29 PM
I was hoping they would have a two week countdown starting 17 minutes ago, but tomorrow would be good too.

yeah i was hoping for that too....but i didn't see Al coming

you might be right....but here's to hoping anyways

Peace
Oct 12, 2007, 08:33 PM
They could release it on the 26th ( Friday ) with it in stores on Saturday.With the countdown starting tomorrow.
Apple did release one version on a Saturday.

grasping at straws

queshy
Oct 12, 2007, 09:12 PM
Hopefully the upgrade process will be smooth as I really don't have time to do a clean install...that'll have to wait for christmas holidays. I've never really anticipated an OS...until now!!

twoodcc
Oct 12, 2007, 09:54 PM
They could release it on the 26th ( Friday ) with it in stores on Saturday.With the countdown starting tomorrow.

grasping at straws

hey i'll take it

BKKbill
Oct 12, 2007, 10:18 PM

Bite your tongue. ;)

mrkramer
Oct 12, 2007, 10:34 PM

10.0 was released on a saturday.
they also released 10.1 on a tuesday.
10.2 was on a saturday.
10.3 was on a Friday, which was the second to last friday of the month
10.4 was on the last Friday of the month.
So it seems like we could have it other days, maybe tuesday the 30th and then we would have 2 versions released on each of the same days of the week.

hotshotharry
Oct 12, 2007, 11:02 PM
LOL no one has mentioned a 10.5 day countdown!!!! :-)

hotshotharry
Oct 12, 2007, 11:03 PM
or a 10th month 5th week release?

MacRider
Oct 12, 2007, 11:35 PM
I went into a local Ottawa retailer to arrange a brand new mac pro and 24" iMac, he slipped that apple already gave him confirmation for the release date. Basically he inferred that Friday or Monday.
I've waited this long to get my new machines and old machines updated so a couple days more will be easy to handle.
It is going to make handling artwork files a dream - no more waiting for Adobe Illustrator to fire up every time I want to check a version!

aswitcher
Oct 13, 2007, 01:29 AM
Mmm. Looking good.

I really wonder what secrets they have that haven't already been leaked...

jackc
Oct 13, 2007, 01:45 AM

I think they should put up a quote for Al: "Global warming is important, but even more so is the imminent release of Leopard. Let the countdown begin!"

nvbrit
Oct 13, 2007, 02:09 AM
Mmm. Looking good.

I am thinking nothing major, but maybe some new looks to the interface... some nice eye candy like we have seen in Time Machine using the new Core Animation

Trepex
Oct 13, 2007, 08:43 AM
With all the hype of Leopard and its imminent release, I only hope that it doesn't disappoint. From an outside point of view, this thing could explode for all the wrong reasons. However we have waited long enough for a potentially amazing OS not to fail.

Bring on Leopard (I need a new machine :D)

Blasphemy.

crossifixio
Oct 13, 2007, 09:16 AM
I'm reading so much rumors these days I don't think its healthy anymore :p Need to do my work and stop reading from this site :D :apple:

psychofreak
Oct 13, 2007, 09:20 AM
Bite your tongue. ;)
I'm trying, but its almost impossible to hurt it on purpose...

I have messed around so much that my Mac is in dire need of a reinstall, but I don't want to backup and spend all the time on it only to do it again in two weeks!

marikins
Oct 13, 2007, 09:29 AM
When Apple releases Leopard OS X does that mean it will also start being shipped with the iMacs, MacBooks, etc. on the same day? If there is a delay how long will it be?

Multimedia
Oct 13, 2007, 09:54 AM
Mmm. Looking good. I really wonder what secrets they have that haven't already been leaked...I am thinking nothing major, but maybe some new looks to the interface... some nice eye candy like we have seen in Time Machine using the new Core AnimationCould be performance secrets they won't want to tell us about until release time. Could have to do with Boot Camp too.When Apple releases Leopard OS X does that mean it will also start being shipped with the iMacs, MacBooks, etc. on the same day? If there is a delay how long will it be?Yes immediately. At first they will be a drop in install DVD you must install yourself on top of Tiger then pre-installed with no more Tiger after about a week.

Refurbs all come with the original install DVDs plus a general install DVD for Leopard and iLife '08 DVD.

marikins
Oct 13, 2007, 10:53 AM
Thanks so much for the info! :)

twoodcc
Oct 13, 2007, 11:14 AM
man i was hoping to wake up and see the countdown :(

xUKHCx
Oct 13, 2007, 11:19 AM
man i was hoping to wake up and see the countdown :(

psychofreak
Oct 13, 2007, 11:21 AM

I can't have that...otherwise I'd be checking Dashboard constantly...

xUKHCx
Oct 13, 2007, 11:23 AM
I can't have that...otherwise I'd be checking Dashboard constantly...

Just put it on the desktop then ;)

Oct 13, 2007, 12:04 PM
Mmm. Looking good.

Most probably nothing..? All secrets have been divulged by Apple already, there is nothing else to be announced...:rolleyes:

MrCrowbar
Oct 13, 2007, 12:20 PM
I'm trying, but its almost impossible to hurt it on purpose...

I have messed around so much that my Mac is in dire need of a reinstall, but I don't want to backup and spend all the time on it only to do it again in two weeks!

I hear you, I need a reinstall too. Lots of junk hidden on that puny laptop hard drive... developing on a Mac sure messes things up, just like it does on any system. :-(

Here's a tip to hurt your tongue: put the very tip of your tonge to your upper row of front teeth, open your jaw slightly, roll back a little from your desk, close your eyes and let your whole upper body fall forward. At some point your jaw will hit the desk and your tongue will be a little shorter. Also, you may loose a tooth or 2 and a bunch of brain cells. :p

Thertel88
Oct 13, 2007, 02:16 PM
Apple Mac OS X Version 10.5 Leopard
Other products by Apple
Platform: Mac OS X Intel, Mac OS X
Price: $129.00 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details

Pre-Order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and release date, you'll receive the lowest price. See Details
Availability: This item has not yet been released. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

Special offer: Buy Parallels 3.0 when you pre-order Apple Mac OS X Version 10.5 Leopard or Apple Mac OS X Version 10.5 Leopard Family Pack at Amazon.com through 10/26/07 and receive $20 via mail-in rebate. See details.

PLEASE NOTE: This product is expected to ship October 26th. We will update the site with more specific information as soon as it is available, including system requirement details.

Peace
Oct 13, 2007, 02:22 PM
Other products by Apple

Pre-Order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and release date, you'll receive the lowest price. See Details
Availability: This item has not yet been released. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

Special offer: Buy Parallels 3.0 when you pre-order Apple Mac OS X Version 10.5 Leopard or Apple Mac OS X Version 10.5 Leopard Family Pack at Amazon.com through 10/26/07 and receive $20 via mail-in rebate. See details.

PLEASE NOTE: This product is expected to ship October 26th. We will update the site with more specific information as soon as it is available, including system requirement details.

not sure what amazon page you're looking at but the real one says different

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FK88JK/ref=amb_link_5307002_2/103-8677389-1568640?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=detail-conditional-rebates-1&pf_rd_r=1JHGF75T1V7JGKBDBBCD&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=312726201&pf_rd_i=B000FK88JK

chrisdazzo
Oct 13, 2007, 02:57 PM
Yeah, um... "PLEASE NOTE: This product is expected to ship sometime in October. We will update the site with more specific information as soon as it is available, including system requirement details." :p

twoodcc
Oct 13, 2007, 04:38 PM
Other products by Apple

we wish it said that

aswitcher
Oct 13, 2007, 07:45 PM
Nothing on the Australian web site *sigh*

seashellz2
Oct 13, 2007, 10:04 PM
I think its gone back to "available in 24 hours"

iViking
Oct 13, 2007, 11:01 PM
Amazon.com has Leopard up for pre-order. Not sure if this is new or not...

Stella
Oct 14, 2007, 12:56 AM
Given the date of GM, I'd be really surprised if Apple could get 10.5 out in October.

Apple will only offer OSX10.5 free upgrades AFTER Apple THEMSELVES have announced 10.5. Since they haven't, if you buy an Apple machine today you'll still have to pay full price for 10.5 when it comes out.

twoodcc
Oct 14, 2007, 12:59 AM

yeah i think it has. i guess they finally caught it

Eidorian
Oct 14, 2007, 01:00 AM

yeah i think it has. i guess they finally caught itNoticed two days ago.

twoodcc
Oct 14, 2007, 01:03 AM
Noticed two days ago.

well good for you ;)

Eidorian
Oct 14, 2007, 01:05 AM
well good for you ;)It was (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=4316572&postcount=41) very good (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=4316623&postcount=52) indeed (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=4316638&postcount=54).

BKKbill
Oct 14, 2007, 04:48 AM
It was (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=4316572&postcount=41) very good (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=4316623&postcount=52) indeed (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=4316638&postcount=54).

Eidorian, now that was very clever post . ;)

Lesser Evets
Oct 14, 2007, 11:25 AM
Mmm. Looking good.

Supposedly about 100 NEW features...

like... the letter R is now always serif while the rest is san serif.
Or, the transparency level of the dock is now 45% instead of the old 49%.
Maybe, a new folder icon.
You know: the MAJOR secrets they can't let out.

graln1k
Oct 14, 2007, 01:40 PM
If I got a Macbook Pro on Thursday, does that qualify me for a free upgrade to Leopard?

CANEHDN
Oct 14, 2007, 02:06 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Apple has purposely done this. They are so very clever. If they're doing this kind of stuff, why don't they just announce the release already. I'm starting to get a little worried. I sure hope they pull through.

twoodcc
Oct 14, 2007, 02:10 PM
If I got a Macbook Pro on Thursday, does that qualify me for a free upgrade to Leopard?

you mean this coming thursday or last thursday?

Peace
Oct 14, 2007, 02:13 PM
I believe the policy is 10 days.If you buy a Mac within 10 days before release of Leopard Apple will send you the upgrade for S&H.

Lesser Evets
Oct 14, 2007, 03:44 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Apple has purposely done this. They are so very clever. If they're doing this kind of stuff, why don't they just announce the release already.

The great thing about their new OS's is that NO ONE needs be alerted to their release since everyone will buy it anyway. Well, nearly everyone. They strung us along since last year because they had nothing decent to show for last year, so they showed us all this cool FUTURE stuff. It was a cheap ploy to keep people interested in Apple.

mrkramer
Oct 14, 2007, 03:51 PM
I believe the policy is 10 days.If you buy a Mac within 10 days before release of Leopard Apple will send you the upgrade for S&H.

I think they would give at least 14 days since that is their return policy and I don't think they would want to deal with those returns and then rebuying their returned computers to get Leopard free.

mrkramer
Oct 14, 2007, 03:52 PM
Amazon.com has Leopard up for pre-order. Not sure if this is new or not...

It is not new it has been up I think almost since Leopard was announced.

Peace
Oct 14, 2007, 03:55 PM
I think they would give at least 14 days since that is their return policy and I don't think they would want to deal with those returns and then rebuying their returned computers to get Leopard free.

Maybe I didn't type it correctly..

It normally goes something like this :

On the Leopard page will be a notice :

"If you purchased a Mac between Oct. 16th and Oct. 26th you qualify for a free upgrade to Leopard.Apple will ship you the O/S on DVD for $5.99 shipping and handling.Please fill out this form"

etc...
:)

but you could be right about it being 14 days instead of 10

seashellz2
Oct 14, 2007, 04:05 PM
It was (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=4316572&postcount=41) very good (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=4316623&postcount=52) indeed (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=4316638&postcount=54).
--
Well Im flabbergasted that youre so on the ball to point this out/

We grant thee a gold star.

Spritey
Oct 14, 2007, 04:59 PM
I am a little bummed that they shrunk the boxes since it'll look a little awkward next to all the other OS boxes.

Fishes,
narco.

Whether done purposely or not, less packaging = better for the environment.

And it's not like Leopard will be competing alongside Vista. Either you have a Mac or you don't. If you have a Mac you probably know what you're looking for.

psychofreak
Oct 14, 2007, 05:06 PM
Whether done purposely or not, less packaging = better for the environment.
They do it mainly for the simple reason that more can fit in the same area...on a plane, truck and in store...this happens to benefit the environment, as it means less fuel is wasted in transport...

dazzer21
Oct 14, 2007, 05:11 PM
Given the date of GM, I'd be really surprised if Apple could get 10.5 out in October.

Apple will only offer OSX10.5 free upgrades AFTER Apple THEMSELVES have announced 10.5. Since they haven't, if you buy an Apple machine today you'll still have to pay full price for 10.5 when it comes out.

I was at an Apple Store on Saturday. Lots of people asking the same quesion but I asked three different floor staff if a free Leopard upgrade was due if I bought a 24" iMac that day. One said 'probably not, although keep checking apple.com', one said 'I couldn't possibly comment because I just don't know' and the third was along the lines of 'chances are you probably will, but don't hold me to account on that'. I'm waiting until the 26th...

egoldin
Oct 14, 2007, 05:28 PM
I was at an Apple Store on Saturday. Lots of people asking the same quesion but I asked three different floor staff if a free Leopard upgrade was due if I bought a 24" iMac that day. One said 'probably not, although keep checking apple.com', one said 'I couldn't possibly comment because I just don't know' and the third was along the lines of 'chances are you probably will, but don't hold me to account on that'. I'm waiting until the 26th...

I'll be buying my 24" iMac as soon as it comes with Leopard.

jcrowe
Oct 14, 2007, 06:37 PM
I'll be buying my 24" iMac as soon as it comes with Leopard.
I think Apple will announce on Tuesday the 16th that Apple will make Leopard available as of October 30. It fits the pattern of Tuesday announcements and it's the last chance to announce a two week window and still hit the October deadline. If Apple announces a delay at this point it will be a huge black eye and an opportunity for the Windows crowd to gloat with reckless abandon.

YMMV

Mazeman
Oct 14, 2007, 10:25 PM
Any time I get in Mac vs. PC arguments, I like to point out how the release of new Mac OS's are met with a sense of giddy anticipation, while the release of new Windows OS's are surrounded by fear and trepidation.

hulugu
Oct 15, 2007, 12:08 AM
Enough evidence to know that it's the 26th right?

I have more:

The publication date of every book regarding Leopard will be published after October 26, most of them the Tuesday after.

I think Apple will announce on Tuesday the 16th that Apple will make Leopard available as of October 30. It fits the pattern of Tuesday announcements and it's the last chance to announce a two week window and still hit the October deadline. If Apple announces a delay at this point it will be a huge black eye and an opportunity for the Windows crowd to gloat with reckless abandon.

YMMV

However, both Panther and Tiger were released on Fridays, thus if Apple wishes to remain in the month of October they must release the OS on October 26. Apple won't announce a delay unless they really, really need to and it appears that the OS is close to being finished.

I stand by October 26, 2007.

MonkeyClaw
Oct 15, 2007, 09:28 AM
I have more:

The publication date of every book regarding Leopard will be published after October 26, most of them the Tuesday after.

However, both Panther and Tiger were released on Fridays, thus if Apple wishes to remain in the month of October they must release the OS on October 26. Apple won't announce a delay unless they really, really need to and it appears that the OS is close to being finished.

I stand by October 26, 2007.

But why does it have to be a Friday? Cheetah was released on a Sat and Puma was on a Tues. Now it is true that the last 3 releases have been on Fridays (Jaguar, Panther, and Tiger) but that doesn't mean that if they are pushed for time that they couldn't release it on the 30th or 31st...

mrkramer
Oct 15, 2007, 09:35 AM
Now it is true that the last 3 releases have been on Fridays (Jaguar, Panther, and Tiger) but that doesn't mean that if they are pushed for time that they couldn't release it on the 30th or 31st...

I think only two have been released on a Friday, I'm pretty sure it was the last two but I don't have time to look it up for sure right now. and they will not release it the 30th, because some people do celabrate Halloween, and they don't want to release it on a holiday.

deadkenny
Oct 15, 2007, 09:39 AM
After the release of 10.5 will people with elderly Macs still be able to buy 10.4 for it's the last release to support some of the older ones (G3 etc.) or does Apple usually ship only one version of their OS?

twoodcc
Oct 15, 2007, 10:19 AM
I think only two have been released on a Friday, I'm pretty sure it was the last two but I don't have time to look it up for sure right now. and they will not release it the 30th, because some people do celabrate Halloween, and they don't want to release it on a holiday.

yeah the last 2 have been released on a friday i believe

darthraige
Oct 15, 2007, 11:21 AM
Haven't poked around enough to see this anywhere, but, just came across it on "looprumors.com" ....

It appears that rumors of an October 26th Leopard launch may have been confirmed this weekend with an official notice that went out to Apple employees.

The notice to Apple retail store employees calls for "All hands on deck until midnight, Friday, October 26th."

xUKHCx
Oct 15, 2007, 11:25 AM
Haven't poked around enough to see this anywhere, but, just came across it on "looprumors.com" ....

It appears that rumors of an October 26th Leopard launch may have been confirmed this weekend with an official notice that went out to Apple employees.

The notice to Apple retail store employees calls for "All hands on deck until midnight, Friday, October 26th."

Thats good. Still want an official notice on apples homepage.

CWallace
Oct 15, 2007, 12:04 PM
The advantage of a Friday release is it gives folks the weekend to install, configure, and test Leopard and, if it's not for them, they can restore their Tiger images they were smart enough to make before they did a clean install or upgrade. :)

I hope it ships on Friday for just this reason, though I don't expect to go back to my Tiger image...

jackc
Oct 15, 2007, 12:29 PM
According to Amazon, David Pogue's Leopard book is scheduled to be published on December 15.

Of course, that's not really relevant to anything, but still.

Roy Hobbs
Oct 15, 2007, 02:30 PM

If I'm not mistaken Halloween is generally the 31st

Peace
Oct 15, 2007, 02:32 PM
I think Leopard will leap out on Apple's front page tomorrow..
Shipping the 26th.

xUKHCx
Oct 15, 2007, 02:36 PM
I think Leopard will leap out on Apple's front page tomorrow..
Shipping the 26th.

Make that midnight tonight, nice round number to start the count down on.

Peace
Oct 15, 2007, 02:45 PM
Make that midnight tonight, nice round number to start the count down on.

If Leopard goes on sale the 26th at 6PM the countdown timer would have to start at 6PM Tomorrow to make it a "round number".;)

xUKHCx
Oct 15, 2007, 02:50 PM
If Leopard goes on sale the 26th at 6PM the countdown timer would have to start at 6PM Tomorrow to make it a "round number".;)

yeah that is the earliest i expect to see the announce based on the post half way up this page. My widget is still set for 6pm

Multimedia
Oct 15, 2007, 02:53 PM
Haven't poked around enough to see this anywhere, but, just came across it on "looprumors.com (http://www.looprumors.com/)" ....

The notice to Apple retail store employees calls for "All hands on deck until midnight, Friday, October 26th."Why does Apple warn their employees Leopard is coming next Friday and not us first? Where's the logic in that? Don't customers need more lead time than employees?

Peace
Oct 15, 2007, 02:55 PM
Why does Apple warn their employees Leopard is coming next Friday and not us first? Where's the logic in that? Don't customers need more lead time than employees?

Perhaps Apple employees need to be ready to talk to customers and have all info available and ready..

Makes sense to me.:confused:

xUKHCx
Oct 15, 2007, 02:58 PM
Why does Apple warn their employees Leopard is coming next Friday and not us first? Where's the logic in that? Don't customers need more lead time than employees?

Well we can go in the store anytime where as they have to be there

J@ffa
Oct 15, 2007, 02:59 PM

What lead time do customers need? They buy Leopard when Apple makes it available. Staff, on the other hand, need to be briefed on the details of the OS so they are knowledgeable about it, they need to prepare the signage and so on, brace for what for a portion of staff might be their first support experience of a major OS upgrade, update in-store computers, learn how to troubleshoot new features, etc etc.

psychofreak
Oct 15, 2007, 03:02 PM
We're just so close...an official countdown should come in the next few hours...

After the big delay from spring when it felt like 10.5 was never going to come, I can't believe I made it :p

Multimedia
Oct 15, 2007, 03:08 PM
We're just so close...an official countdown should come in the next few hours...

After the big delay from spring when it felt like 10.5 was never going to come, I can't believe I made it :pYou know I think I'm losing it. Obviously the employees need more lead time. But I am just so caught up in the anticipation I can't think straight.

aristobrat
Oct 15, 2007, 03:10 PM
Freaking great. My first day working at my local Apple store (for me and about 10 others) is this Saturday. Wonder exactly how well trained we'll be before the following Friday. :eek:

Perhaps Apple employees need to be ready to talk to customers and have all info available and ready..
Maybe, although the "official" iPhone training they received was during the 3-4 hours that the store was closed before they went on sale at 6:00pm. Talk about crash course! :)

psychofreak
Oct 15, 2007, 03:12 PM
You know I think I'm losing it. Obviously the employees need more lead time. But I am just so caught up in the anticipation I can't think straight.
I think you meant to quote:

Makes sense to me.:confused:

Peace
Oct 15, 2007, 03:15 PM
You know I think I'm losing it. Obviously the employees need more lead time. But I am just so caught up in the anticipation I can't think straight.

We're all losing it brother :eek:

tingly
Oct 15, 2007, 04:48 PM
alleged confirmation that Apple Stores will close early on the 26th, then reopen at 6pm to sell Leopard (likely timed for local tv news broadcasts)
http://www.ifoapplestore.com/db/2007/10/15/leopard-release-date-confirmed/

Multimedia
Oct 15, 2007, 04:55 PM
alleged confirmation that Apple Stores will close early on the 26th, then reopen at 6pm to sell Leopard (likely timed for local tv news broadcasts)
http://www.ifoapplestore.com/db/2007/10/15/leopard-release-date-confirmed/That's the most solid confirmation I've seen thus far. Wonder why PR is still holding it back from the general public (GP)?

Did you guys check out this webcam on the new Boston Store Construction Site? (http://www.ifoapplestore.com/boston/)

Party On Minneapolis!! :)

xUKHCx
Oct 16, 2007, 03:57 AM
16 Hours to go

This is technically the start of a count down to the start of a count down.:o

xUKHCx
Oct 16, 2007, 04:33 AM
Seems though they might be doing this on a time zone basis as the Aussie store is down. That means we should find out much sooner than i/we thought.

twoodcc
Oct 16, 2007, 06:14 AM
16 Hours to go

This is technically the start of a count down to the start of a count down.:o

let's hope the countdown does happen today!

psychofreak
Oct 16, 2007, 06:15 AM
let's hope the countdown does happen today!

I really hope so. With Tiger, the release date was announced with 17days to go...I'm getting scared October isn't our month...

twoodcc
Oct 16, 2007, 06:17 AM
I really hope so. With Tiger, the release date was announced with 17days to go...I'm getting scared October isn't our month...

i know. i'm also a little worried...but at least we have rumors of the 26th being the date.

psychofreak
Oct 16, 2007, 06:18 AM
i know. i'm also a little worried...but at least we have rumors of the 26th being the date.

With barely any evidence except that its quite likely if its going to be October as it is a Friday, and its late...

twoodcc
Oct 16, 2007, 06:31 AM
With barely any evidence except that its quite likely if its going to be October as it is a Friday, and its late...

yeah i know. but there seems to be more evidence of it as the day gets closer...but it is late

xUKHCx
Oct 16, 2007, 06:33 AM
I have to leave the house in 10 minutes, hope they come back up very soon.

twoodcc
Oct 16, 2007, 06:37 AM
I have to leave the house in 10 minutes, hope they come back up very soon.

i'm sure you'll find a way to check it away from home ;)

xUKHCx
Oct 16, 2007, 06:39 AM
i'm sure you'll find a way to check it away from home ;)

at great cost but to be fair i did check the apple store from my phone while iI was in Thailand, so chances are i will.

twoodcc
Oct 16, 2007, 06:44 AM
at great cost but to be fair i did check the apple store from my phone while iI was in Thailand, so chances are i will.

i think you will. or you could be wondering all day :)

but this update does seem to be taking a good while