PDA

View Full Version : Back to my iMac G5 because of this - shame really!!

Kuska
Oct 12, 2007, 06:07 PM
Take a look at this - I know its been talked about in other threads but when it happened to me it really made my blood boil.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51zAvsyAgkI

2 in a row and this was the replacement - both units had screens that had a yellow/beige cast on them too - not sure if the problem you'll see here is related!! Anyone know ?

Anyway I've decided to wait for rev B as every unit I've looked at (and that is around 8 or 9 now) have the yellow/beige cast on a portion of the screen. Not what I've experienced from Apple in the past and I've owned various machines. Strange thing is Apple reps seem to think there is not a general problem out there. Strange then as I've had 2 and seen others!!!

I guess this just isn't what I'm used too :(

kkat69
Oct 12, 2007, 06:41 PM
Take a look at this - I know its been talked about in other threads but when it happened to me it really made my blood boil.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51zAvsyAgkI

2 in a row and this was the replacement - both units had screens that had a yellow/beige cast on them too - not sure if the problem you'll see here is related!! Anyone know ?

Anyway I've decided to wait for rev B as every unit I've looked at (and that is around 8 or 9 now) have the yellow/beige cast on a portion of the screen. Not what I've experienced from Apple in the past and I've owned various machines. Strange thing is Apple reps seem to think there is not a general problem out there. Strange then as I've had 2 and seen others!!!

I guess this just isn't what I'm used too :(

I've read about the condensation part in a couple of threads. One thing I've wondered is what is the humidity level in the house where these issues are happening.

Since the iMac goes Glass > Space > LCD it wouldn't be totally surprising that condensation would show up there if there is a lot of humidity and the temp variations between the outside of the glass and the inside of the glass.

The space between the glass and lcd is not air tight. It's like when you get condensation/ie., fogged windows in a car. The temp difference the air outside the glass and the air inside the glass as well as both surface sides it's a matter of physics that a fog will appear if the conditions are optimal.

Now don't get me wrong, I sympathize with you, it sucks but when it all boils down to it, this isn't an LCD getting condensation, it's the glass and it's just reacting based on it's natural characteristics. However if it ends up causing damage then I'm curious who actually pays the price?

Kuska
Oct 13, 2007, 11:35 AM
How does the screen rate on yours ? - this was a 24" 2.8GHZ too.

ctakim
Oct 13, 2007, 12:12 PM
Maybe you should move the Mac out of the shower stall?:rolleyes:

Serously, hope you get your problem fixed for good.