Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dragonguy83

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2007
hey guys, im almost done hacking this thing. all i need is to rearrange my icons some. i have heard something about summerboard but that is all i know. please help me finish. thanks guys

bliks

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2007
summerboard doesnt let you rearrange. to do that you need the customize app... which doesnt work on the touch....(yet!)

jepaz

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2007
USA
There is SummerBoard 1.1.1 available now at the link I provided, working for both iPhone & touch. About rearranging the apps under SummerBoard...that I don't know yet.

beg_ne

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2003
Here's how you rearrange the apps:

1. Download a plist editor if you dont have one, http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/17002/pref-setter

Pref-setter is freeware and works great.

2. Use Cyberduck to download the N45AP.plist via SSH. Its in the System->Library->SpringBoard.app directory

3. Make a backup of said plist file just incase

4. Go through your Applications directory, and in the app bundle should be an info.plist. Find the CFBundleIdentifier in it using pref setter and note it down somewhere exactly as shown.

5. Once you have your list complete open the N45AP.plist in pref setter and under displayOrder->iconList add the necessary Item # dictionaries, then add a key under each item number using the names you got from the info.plist's, just follow the preexisting items to see what you need to do.

6. Upload, restart and enjoy the new icon order...I know I did!

ChrisBrightwell

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Anyone know how to put fewer than 12 or 16 apps on the front page? I'd like to have 6 or so on the front page, then the rest on page 2.

I'm about to start hacking at that plist file, but I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks. :)

parrotheadmjb

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2007
Anyone know how to put fewer than 12 or 16 apps on the front page? I'd like to have 6 or so on the front page, then the rest on page 2.

I'm about to start hacking at that plist file, but I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks. :)

i dont know how to get 6, but to get 9 after installing summerboard select skip last row

i0Nic

macrumors 65816
May 17, 2006
Sydney, Australia
Here's how you rearrange the apps:

1. Download a plist editor if you dont have one, http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/17002/pref-setter

Pref-setter is freeware and works great.

2. Use Cyberduck to download the N45AP.plist via SSH. Its in the System->Library->SpringBoard.app directory

3. Make a backup of said plist file just incase

4. Go through your Applications directory, and in the app bundle should be an info.plist. Find the CFBundleIdentifier in it using pref setter and note it down somewhere exactly as shown.

5. Once you have your list complete open the N45AP.plist in pref setter and under displayOrder->iconList add the necessary Item # dictionaries, then add a key under each item number using the names you got from the info.plist's, just follow the preexisting items to see what you need to do.

6. Upload, restart and enjoy the new icon order...I know I did!

I don't understand step 5, can you please describe it in more detail?

jcs1088

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
when i rearranged my icons i noticed that the add event option in my cal was gone. so i uninstalled it and reinstalled it off of installer.app and it arranged my icons back to default. anyone know a way to fix it

DocVT

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2006
1. Use Cyberduck to go to: system/library/coreservices/springboard.app

2. Download this file: N45AP.plist (make a backup copy of this file, just in case). My plist did not include all the apps that I had installed, but I went ahead with the following steps

3. Use TextWrangler to edit this file (choose to view all files). You will see code like this that you can copy and paste into your desired order:

code:
<dict>
<key>displayIdentifier</key>
<string>com.google.code.apolloim</string>
</dict>

4. (I got the following from another post) To get the full identifier name, open the info.plist file which can be found inside each application's .app file. In the plist file, you'll find an entry called "CFBundleIdentifier", copy the string identifier and place it in your N45AP.plist file. Here are some:

Apollo: com.google.code.apolloim
Books: com.zacharybrewstergeisz.books
Colloquy: com.googlecode.mcolloquy
Finder: com.googlecode.MobileFinder
Installer: com.nullriver.iphone.Installer
iSplit: com.kroo.iSplit
Sketches: com.latenitesoft.Sketches
Stocks: com.apple.stocks
Terminal: com.googlecode.mobileterminal.Terminal
Weather: com.apple.weather

5. See my enclosed N45AP file - copy and pasted desired code into your plist

6. Save the modified file as: N45AP.plist

7. Copy into the Springboard folder - drag and drop using Cyberduck

Attachments

• N45AP.txt
    966 bytes · Views: 131
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.