Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adamman41

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2007
does anyone know if this works, and what does it do, can u really control ur cpu or something if you get this and how do u get this if it indeed does, dsimply from the installer app?

xXriderXx7

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2007
Lake Elsinore, California
It works, its just too slow and cumbersome.
its still in beta, so you haveto scroll aroundyour comp screen.
but basically you can control your computer through it as long as you have set up a server on you comp

adamman41

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2007
but basically you can control your computer through it as long as you have set up a server on you comp

and how do i set up a server?, and i just install the VNsea from the installer app and its good to go, all i need is to setu[p a server? and how do i do that, thanks for your help

gloss

macrumors 601
May 9, 2006
around/about
You can set up VNC in 10.4 under the 'Sharing' tab in Preferences. It's called Apple Remote Desktop. The VNSea client is still beta, so full functionality isn't there yet.

adamman41

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2007
You can set up VNC in 10.4 under the 'Sharing' tab in Preferences. It's called Apple Remote Desktop. The VNSea client is still beta, so full functionality isn't there yet.

from sharing what do i do to set it up? thanks for your help,

adamman41

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2007

how do u scroll across the cpu ur VNing?

adamman41

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2007
I dont understand what your saying.
I mean once VNSea is connected you are presented with your computer desktop, and no zoom out feature is in VNSea, making it awkward.

it only shows the top left half of my cpu, is that what you were saying about it not being good?

ellsworth

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2007
sounds awesome. I just can't wait to see the future of this app. So far, what has anyone used this feature for?

nukiduz

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2006
what ports does remote desktop use? i have to open them if i want to use vnsea with a non public ip. any help?

JonHimself

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
I'm also having trouble with this as well. Mostly what I should be entering in in VNSea...'Name' I assume is just for the name of the settings, Address I don't know, 'Password' I'm assuming is just the password on my computer, No clue for 'Display' either

gardnerv

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2007
I use vnc as a remote to my pc connected to my projector. it works good. I use it mostly to play videos and raise/lower volume. I also switch between movies with it. It is a great app for these types of things that dont require a lot of information.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.