Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pknz

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 22, 2005
NZ
Ok, so just recently when browsing MacRumors in Safari v3 and 2.0.4, my cursor will disappear when it moves over the bookmark bars items. In some occassions it does not return for a few moments, ie, you can move the invisible cursor around the screen for a few moments before it returns.

I suspect it has something to do with an ad that is being used here on MacRumors which 'grabs' the cursor in the animation.

Any other users (I suspect only users from New Zealand will see this ad) having a similar problem?

Attachments

• grab.jpg
    grab.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 110
  • untitled1.jpg
    untitled1.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 118

pknz

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 22, 2005
NZ
It happens to me often in Safari. Not only browsing MacRumors.

I assume you don't just mean when you scroll on webpages using the up and down arrows? Or when you start typing etc.

Shaduu

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2007
Southsea
I assume you don't just mean when you scroll on webpages using the up and down arrows? Or when you start typing etc.

Don't worry, it's normal. You'll see it happen in other applications besides Safari as it's a "feature" of OS X.

And on an unrelated note, does the "pk" in your username stand for "parkour", by any chance?

Kernow

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2005
Kingston-Upon-Thames
I've had this several times - not on MR, but on other websites. I have always assumed that it was to do with ads, since it usually happens when I move the cursor up towards the top of the screen, where the ads normally are.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.