PDA

View Full Version : 3G Nano case that is Nike+ compatible?

furryrabidbunny
Oct 13, 2007, 04:14 PM
Does anyone know of any cases that work with the nike plus receiver? I dont care if it is an armband or not (would very much prefer an armband though). I've been searching for one but i haven't been able to find one.

BennyK
Oct 13, 2007, 09:27 PM
I just bought one and I really like it alot. It is made my Marware. It is a wristband and an armband and it holds the nike+ adapter very nice.

Marware Sports Relay (http://www.marware.com/PRODUCTS/Cases-for-3rd-gen-iPod-nano/Sportsuit-Relay-for-3G-nano)

furryrabidbunny
Oct 14, 2007, 10:34 AM
I just bought one and I really like it alot. It is made my Marware. It is a wristband and an armband and it holds the nike+ adapter very nice.

Marware Sports Relay (http://www.marware.com/PRODUCTS/Cases-for-3rd-gen-iPod-nano/Sportsuit-Relay-for-3G-nano)

I'll have to consider that one... is it easy to get the ipod out of the case? I dont' really want to carry an armband every where.

BennyK
Oct 14, 2007, 11:17 AM
I'll have to consider that one... is it easy to get the ipod out of the case? I dont' really want to carry an armband every where.

I think it is very easy. It has a little opening in the back and I put it in the case when I am using the nike+ adapter (which is daily) and take it out daily when I am not using it. It has a lifetime warranty on the case so you dont need to worry about wearing it out. There are places that have it cheaper than marware.

erummel
Oct 16, 2007, 08:02 AM
I have the marware relay for the 1st/2nd gen nano and while it does its job, it does have some issues.

First, I only use it for running, so it's in and out of the case once per day. The area where the nano is inserted is beginning to wear and fray after 3 months of use. Another few months and it will be totally unusable.

Second, it does nothing to protect the nano from moisture. I guess it is made from neoprene. I always remove the nano straight after my morning run and it is pretty slick and damp from sweat. I've had to use tape to seal my nano from moisture because it quit working for a few days, I'm assuming from being wet.

I'm looking to get a 3G Nano soon, but based on experience, I'm going to try to find something other than the marware for my nike + runs.