Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stagecustom

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
Ontario
Hey guys my ipod classic will be here monday, i am now able to hold every tv show season i have on my computer (seinfeld 1-9, family guy 1-5, southpark 9-11 and the office 1-4) now that being said i am also preparing my movies by adding the movie cover/poster as i would do with my music for album art. The reason i never did this before was because the ipod video never displayed "album art" for videos of any kind. So before i go doing all my tv shows and movies, i am wondering if the classic will show/let you chose your movies and tv shows by album art (or dvd cover in this case)
here is a pic of what i'm doing, hopefully it is worth it.

Also i am having problems with adding dvd covers to tv shows, i added seinfeld season 9 dvd cover to all the episodes in that season and it shows them when you play an episode (in the now playing in the bottom left corner)
BUT when i put on coverflow it doesn't show up at all, not even as an empty slot!

hope this isn't to confusing :D

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    526.5 KB · Views: 94
  • Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    380 KB · Views: 87

LinuXtreme

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2007
Near Aspen
hmm. Alright, well when it is in the half screen menu showing the album art does it do that for video and show the video art? :)

Yes, it'll show the video art in a kind of slideshow fashion. Also, when selecting videos it'll show the title as well as the art in a thumbnail on the left, you just can't select videos with coverflow AFAIK.

stagecustom

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
Ontario
Yes, it'll show the video art in a kind of slideshow fashion. Also, when selecting videos it'll show the title as well as the art in a thumbnail on the left, you just can't select videos with coverflow AFAIK.

okay, so it is worth while then :D
One thing, why is the seinfeld season 9 NOT coming up in my itunes cover flow?
and why would it say album art not modifiable when i select all the episodes in season 9, but when i only select one it shows the season 9 dvd cover?
any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

stagecustom

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
Ontario
I have one more problem/question.
I am currently adding album art for my tv shows, could someone explain to me why the seinfeld season 8 is under the season 9 album art on coverflow and the other setting where it groups by album art, but when i play it or select one in season 8, the season 8 album art shows up?

here is a picture to explain:

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    431.3 KB · Views: 72

stagecustom

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
Ontario
so basically what my itunes is doing is giving one album art (which seems to be at random) for every tv show with the same title i.e Family Guy and Seinfeld and South Park. Am i missing something or is there no way to do this?

:)

greenday123

macrumors 6502
Dec 15, 2005
NJ
haha very off topic. but we have some of the same playlists! Great taste in music, August Burns Red, I Killed The Prom Queen, Circa Survive, Saosin, and Killswitch Engage. Great taste in music dude! Aha sorry for being off topic, unfortunatly i cant help you with this.

stagecustom

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
Ontario
haha very off topic. but we have some of the same playlists! Great taste in music, August Burns Red, I Killed The Prom Queen, Circa Survive, Saosin, and Killswitch Engage. Great taste in music dude! Aha sorry for being off topic, unfortunatly i cant help you with this.

Hey thanks, glad to hear someone else likes that stuff! :) I play drums so as you can see all those bands have pretty awesome drummers.

stagecustom

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
Ontario
so, this problem is on going, Does anyone know why when i add album art to a whole season it just gives one (seems to be the most recent) seasons album art in coverflow for ALL of the tv shows with the same title i.e Seinfeld.

But when i play one in a season other then the one that is being displayed in coverflow the real season dvd cover shows up in the now playing or selected area.

i guess what i'm wondering is on my ipod classic when the album art is going by for videos or beside the season is shows the album art will it be all the same say season 3 dvd cover or will they be individual per season?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.