PDA

View Full Version : Medical Marijuana Sold in the Netherlands

eyelikeart
Sep 1, 2003, 03:21 PM
This is quite an interesting topic. Anyone ever think we'll see this happen here?

story here (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030901/ap_on_re_eu/netherlands_medicinal_marijuana_1)

rainman::|:|
Sep 1, 2003, 03:40 PM
yep, saw that, gotta love it. once again the US avoids being a world leader in civil rights, which is great (i think the right to medication is a civil right)... so i doubt we'll see it anytime soon, tho eventually we'll have decriminalization at least, within 30 years or so... pressure from other countries. We already have very good organizations specializing in growing and procuring pure cannibus for medical needs, but the federal government keeps overruling state government and raiding them. nice work, don't let the stupid voters decide policy for their own states :rolleyes:... Anyhoo, just one more reason i want to move to the netherlands :)

pnw

MrMacMan
Sep 1, 2003, 04:47 PM
Yeah it will happen eventually.

The Marijuana aint gonna kill them, its gonna help them have a appetite.

I agree with the medical use... but personal use is different.

neut
Sep 1, 2003, 06:25 PM
not, at least, in the US as we know it. Canada will legalize before we do.

RandomDeadHead
Sep 1, 2003, 08:54 PM
This is great news!

It's small steps like this the will one day lead to the end of marijuana prohibition.
It didnt work with alcohol, and it works even less with pot.

9hundred
Sep 1, 2003, 10:02 PM
well, i like marijuana.

Backtothemac
Sep 1, 2003, 11:30 PM
Well, my mother died of Brain cancer, and I can remember her smoking pot when she would have her Kemo and radiation treatments. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with Pot, but hey, the law is the law right :)

I think we will see it here eventually.

mactastic
Sep 2, 2003, 09:06 AM
The law is the law indeed, yet California's medical marijuana law is being subverted by the justice department. Few national level polititians will advocate for medical pot for fear of being labeled "soft on crime", a death sentence to a political career. And until the law enforcement community gets off their addiction to the toys and money and special drug squad status provided by the WarOnDrugs, there will be even more pressure on the pols to toe the line. At some point the research will take place in some other country, and then maybe we will see some changes here if the science backs it up unequivocaly.

(I'll leave the whole the-law-is-the-law and Judge Roy Moore alone. ;) )

Juventuz
Sep 2, 2003, 09:45 AM
Not to defend the governments actions here, but the feds do in fact allow some people to use marijuana for medicinal purposes. You have to be approved by Congress and it's difficult to get on the list.

I do believe that it should be legalized though, imagine the added revenue the gov't would get back taxing the stuff!

MrMacMan
Sep 2, 2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Juventuz
Not to defend the governments actions here, but the feds do in fact allow some people to use marijuana for medicinal purposes. You have to be approved by Congress and it's difficult to get on the list.

I do believe that it should be legalized though, imagine the added revenue the gov't would get back taxing the stuff!

Indeed if I was a muti-Billionare I could lobby congress to get my name on the list.
:nonononono:

My best friend's mom is in the hospital, she has gone through kemotherapy and is keeping no food down.

It is very sad this administration would not even let these words come out of their mouths, or even let it get to congress.

[joke=on There is only one substance that can changes george's mind... cocaine.]

:(

Ambrose Chapel
Sep 2, 2003, 04:36 PM
it will take a huge sea change in this country for it to happen in the US...the anti-drug stance here is so ingrained in so many people..i'm not optimistic.

Tabo
Oct 14, 2008, 08:08 AM
Someone said think of all the taxes the government would get .. None .. really.. if they do decriminalize or legalize it.. do you think any sane person wouldn't be growing their own? This is one reason (the biggest I believe) why the US government will fight this til the bitter-end.. no gain.. I don't drink much.. and tho my medical conditions pretty much guarantee me prescriptions galore.. I prefer cannabis over methadone, Vicodin, Lortab any day. I don't drive under the influence, staying safely home when I have a need of relief of pain and suffering..

No branch of our government here in the U.S. gives a rat's ass about anyone of us.. seems many a time, they have been heavily trained in the art of dehumanization of us as individuals if we do not embrace the collective mind.. Who really won the cold war? Capitalism isn't Democracy .. We are a Capitalist Country where the top get heavy with wealth and the bottom is for servitude.. and those there should be grateful for the scrapes we scrape..

Revolution ?

It's part of our constitution.. tho whoa be it to the ones who try to truly undertake a peaceful overthrow ..

Keep a shovel handy.. and the forest lands .. forested..

God Bless