PDA

View Full Version : iPhoto freezing

bruins
Oct 14, 2007, 12:04 PM
Hi, fir the past month I have been encountering probelms w/ iphoto 08. It has been freezing. Anybody have any advice????

heatasmallhouse
Oct 25, 2007, 09:55 AM
I have been having this issue as well on the last gen iMac I purchased for our office. I've rebuilt the thumbnail library and I'm still having the issue. Mine crashes regularly during simple view and rotate. Does anyone have any possible solutions for the two of us? It'd be appreciated, Thank you.

Shaduu
Oct 25, 2007, 12:52 PM
This sounds very odd to me as I'm running iPhoto 08 on a considerably worse machine than either of you and it hasn't frozen on me yet.

It doesn't like merging events, though, but what can you expect from 1GHz, eh? :o

mrthieme
Oct 26, 2007, 04:18 AM
For me, iPhoto crashed when I tried to import about 1500 raw images at once. Now it goes into a beachball when I try to open it and quits within one minute. I have no idea how to start over without reinstalling tiger, maybe things will change when I install leopard.

armaster73
Oct 26, 2007, 06:26 AM
I've been having the same issue as well with iPhoto 08. If I am in a simple view, click on rotate the beach ball comes and the only way to stop it is a force quit. If I am in edit mode, this doesn't happen. I now have several edited versions saved of the same pictures in my library.

gavd
Oct 26, 2007, 09:56 AM
This is being discussed on Apple's discussion boards here (http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1162024&tstart=15) too. There doesn't seem to be a fix though, so I'm really just linking to it to say it's quite a widespread problem.

BigJohno
Oct 26, 2007, 10:27 AM
Hi, fir the past month I have been encountering probelms w/ iphoto 08. It has been freezing. Anybody have any advice????

I had the same problem. also all the text was all screwed up. But I just installed leopard and the problem went away.

mrthieme
Oct 28, 2007, 10:20 AM
Installing Leopard seems to have fixed iPhoto for me. It will actually open up and run now.

jonnylink
Nov 3, 2007, 01:09 AM
Installing Leopard seems to have fixed iPhoto for me. It will actually open up and run now.Think you just got lucky. I was setting up a new MacBook for my folks with Leopard and iLife 08 on it and iPhoto still becomes unresponsive after rotating a few images. Considering I've also had this problem on my MBP and how many other people seem to be having dealing with it I would have expected this bug to have been squashed prior to release... :rolleyes:

Repet7777
May 3, 2011, 08:12 PM
Hi Guys

I'm sorry if I am butting in (as I am new to this Forum System) . I too am having problems with iPhoto. I have over 22,000 photos on my iPhoto app. When I look at my photos the beach ball shows up and stays on the desktop for ages and as a result I have to do a manual shutdown. I have a 24" iMac Desktop computer which runs on the Snow Leopard operating system.I have a 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor and a 2GB 800MGz DDR2 SD Ram Memory Card. I have recently changed over from Leopard to the Snow Leopard operating system, believing that it might cure. However I'm still getting the beach ball coming up whilst using iPhoto.

I have also formatted and reinstalled the Snow Leopard operating system. Now when I go into iPhoto app. I get a message saying I have problems with the System configuration for iPhoto instead of iphoto opening up . Can any of you help? Thanks in anticipation yours Repet7777

Designer Dale
May 3, 2011, 10:27 PM
I think you need to do two things, not in any particular order. Download an application called Onyx. It's a utility that will scan your system and repair a lot of minor problems. If you have that many images you need more ram to keep your computer happy. At least 4 gigs and 8 if you can do it. With the price down to $80, you might want to look into Aperture 3 or Lightroom. The latter is more expensive.

Dale

rfe123
Oct 9, 2011, 12:11 PM
Remove FlipMac immediately and that's all.
Good luck

Macmonter
Oct 9, 2011, 08:41 PM
It may be a coincidence, but my iPhoto 08 hanging problem did not reoccur after having a faulty logic board and - a week later - a bad video card replaced. Before the hardware replacements my iPhoto 08 would regularly get the spinning beach ball requiring a forced quit. Sometimes, I would have to do a shut down, wait a minute and reboot to get iPhoto to work properly.

djsound
May 24, 2013, 01:29 PM
Remove FlipMac immediately and that's all.
Good luck???????????????