PDA

View Full Version : What do you use to protect your iPod touch?

aman29
Oct 14, 2007, 03:50 PM
I am going to get an ipod touch and I was wondering what most people use to protect it. I was thinking a protective film from like invisibleShield or Best Skins Ever but a case would be good too. Suggestions?

Blueprint
Oct 14, 2007, 03:57 PM
I am going to get an ipod touch and I was wondering what most people use to protect it. I was thinking a protective film from like invisibleShield or Best Skins Ever but a case would be good too. Suggestions?

This thread might be of some use to you :)

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=366306

fdmendez
Oct 14, 2007, 03:59 PM
nothing... And I'm not very careful with it either. The glass front is incredibly scratch resistant. There's not a single scratch on mine and I've used every day since early sept. The back has its fair share of scuffs though.

RodThePlod
Oct 14, 2007, 04:00 PM

Currently I'm using an iPod sock-fits the touch quite nicely. I've also got an Invisible Shield on the back. This'll do till I see a case that I really want.

Shanesan
I'm finding cases completely worthless on the Touch. The glass is practically unscratchable under normal circumstances. You never see the back, which is easily scratched.

All in all, a naked iPod seems to be good enough for me.

Gerard.
i ordered a "BEST SKIN EVER" about a hour ago, they look really good.

Rookie1986
Oct 14, 2007, 04:01 PM
Iím not even taking mine out of the box until my Invisible shield arrives

Vidd
Oct 14, 2007, 04:03 PM
The Invisible Shield is a great product. It doesn't spoil the look of the device like so many other methods of protecting the iPod.
I'd consider an iFrogz case too but I've never used one.

bandofbrothers
Oct 14, 2007, 04:06 PM
I agree the i-pod touch is highly scratch resistant.

I use the velvet pouch that came with the LG Choc ! Fits it well..

As for not taking it out of its box... you must be strong willed dude. Get it out and play with it... its awesome.

If your gonna use the invisi shield then put it on the back if you must. The front does not need it fella. :)

add
Oct 14, 2007, 04:07 PM
i'm using a little pouch that came with my spy sunglasses until the griffen iClear comes out. :)

WILLDOGS
Oct 14, 2007, 04:09 PM
I just purchased one of these about an hour ago. Cant wait till it gets here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Silicone-Case-Armband-Protector-for-iPod-TOUCH-BLACK_W0QQitemZ230181353122QQihZ013QQcategoryZ56170QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

RodThePlod
Oct 14, 2007, 04:11 PM
I’m not even taking mine out of the box until my Invisible shield arrives

I kept mine in the protective plastic wrap until I got the Invisible Shield. With the Shield now on, the back looks pristine. Had a couple of bubbles after application but two days down the line, they've completely gone!

If you want to keep your purchase looking good, get a Shield for the back (or similar product).

Rod.

Shanesan
Oct 14, 2007, 04:12 PM
Iím not even taking mine out of the box until my Invisible shield arrives

?????

Should have ordered the shield first. Maybe you have one with dead pixels and you don't even know!

bandofbrothers
Oct 14, 2007, 04:14 PM
I just purchased one of these about an hour ago. Cant wait till it gets here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Silicone-Case-Armband-Protector-for-iPod-TOUCH-BLACK_W0QQitemZ230181353122QQihZ013QQcategoryZ56170QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Ive read that after a while the silicone transfers onto the back of the machine and its a bitch to remove ! :apple:

Loge
Oct 14, 2007, 04:17 PM
iPod sock works just fine for me.

phillipsm
Oct 14, 2007, 04:33 PM
currently using a foofpod, and plan to use a Best Ever Skins on the back when it arrives

WILLDOGS
Oct 14, 2007, 04:35 PM
Ive read that after a while the silicone transfers onto the back of the machine and its a bitch to remove ! :apple:

Thats why I am leaving the clear packing tape on the back of my ipod that I am currently using for protection.

It is my ghetto invisible shield and works great. Comes off easy.