PDA

View Full Version : Does the iPod Touch Jailbreak make it worth the price of admission?

Jack Flash
Oct 14, 2007, 05:44 PM
Does the ability to add the missing applications from the iPhone and 3rd Party applications make the iPod Touch worth the price?

Zwhaler
Oct 14, 2007, 05:50 PM
It was already worth it, now it is even better!

lakerchick4life
Oct 14, 2007, 05:51 PM
I was gonna ask the same thing. I am new here(Awesome site by the way) and I am thinking about getting an IPOD touch..I currently have the 30gb IPOD Video 2nd generation..the ITouch does look awesome..but I was hoping for a bigger capacity, I guess there's no chance of them releasing a 30gb one in the next few months..the new hack looks amazing..that is one reason why I am leaning towards getting one, just all the complaints about the video quality and bugs kinda drew me off

aethelbert
Oct 14, 2007, 05:52 PM
It was already worth it. Now it has more capability (that is, at least until the iTunes updater comes out to get us all).

Dublo7
Oct 14, 2007, 06:04 PM
I'm not regretting my purchase. Especially not after it's been jailbroken.
It makes it that much better.

Genghis Khan
Oct 14, 2007, 06:06 PM
the iPod touch is the best iPod ever

i wake up every day to an iPod which is the most awesome in the world...it's still as easy to use as the click wheel iPods, plus it has the advantage of internet and awesome video screen

the only weakness is the storage, but that's gotten around by rotating movies whenever i'm in iTunes

i haven't jailbroken it yet as most of the programs out there seem tacky...but i probably will in time

sikkinixx
Oct 14, 2007, 07:24 PM
hmm well the urge to buy instead of wait on one of these is starting to get the better of me. Just gotta find some more info on this jailbreak stuff and how it works/what it do for me... its looking a lot like good bye $300 :D

m242
Oct 14, 2007, 07:58 PM
I nervously jailbroke mine, and installed the iphone apps, and it is now truly an awesome device. Being able to do mail, add events, check weather, etc is cool, and the google maps app is sensational. Do it!

aethelbert
Oct 14, 2007, 08:01 PM
In a way, as others have been implying, it is now like a PDA. Now I know that the PDA market is basically dead, but it is a great improvement to an iPod.

ElvisThePelvis
Oct 14, 2007, 08:13 PM
The only reason I got the Touch was because I could add third party apps. My iPod can now do music, mail, web, movies, books and games...that is worth it.

Jake91
Oct 14, 2007, 08:38 PM
It was already worth it, now it is even better!

+1

MargeSimpson
Oct 14, 2007, 08:42 PM
people dont be scared of Jailbreaking...

i am a total n00b at that, but it worked like a charm.
And if it doesnt, one magic word - RESTORE! I did it about 3 times, but the only reason was is that i didnt follow instructions to a T.
There is a guy on YouTube (ipodtouchmaster) who's got awesome video tutorials. It was like someone holding my hand all the way. I'd have the video running in the background, and would follow his instructions as he was doing it. Couple of times things didnt working as intended (eg Rapidshare imposing download limits so i couldnt download his links), but nothing a bit of googling couldnt fix! :cool:

i0Nic
Oct 14, 2007, 08:55 PM
The hacking adds more value to the device to be sure, however I feel the touch is still too much. $549 AUD is at least $49 overpriced, if the touch was 499 or better yet 449 (and the 8gb 349) that would send these things flying off the shelves.

Lin
Oct 15, 2007, 09:58 AM
Man, we got an (about) fully-featured OSX computer which REALLY fits into one's pocket. This is AMAZING :apple:

tonybeyondo
Oct 15, 2007, 12:07 PM
Man, we got an (about) fully-featured OSX computer which REALLY fits into one's pocket. This is AMAZING :apple:

It was worth it before, but I agree with you- can't wait to see this, other than with telekinesis (http://code.google.com/p/telekinesis/)!