Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reecey92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2007
The new iPod's look amazing and i want a touch, but i cant justify AU$549 for a 16G hard drive, even though the equipment is amazing.

I would love one of these iPod's but i have heard that there's problems with the display? that when you are in a dark place its not clear, or you cant see well from an angle? whats the deal with that, does anyone know?

so yeah.. i want one.. but i figured it'll probably only be 6 months and a better version of the iPod touch would have come out.

should i wait?

pleb

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2007
The new iPod's look amazing and i want a touch, but i cant justify AU$549 for a 16G hard drive, even though the equipment is amazing.

I would love one of these iPod's but i have heard that there's problems with the display? that when you are in a dark place its not clear, or you cant see well from an angle? whats the deal with that, does anyone know?

so yeah.. i want one.. but i figured it'll probably only be 6 months and a better version of the iPod touch would have come out.

should i wait?

Im getting the 16gb touch for AU$479, due to Target's online misprint lol.
http://www.adam.com.au/yeodavid/IpodTouch.jpg

So if you end up getting one print out above and get some1 to price match it and save $70.

The display problem is only with certain releases (week 30 something) of the touch I believe.

macchappy

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2007
The display problem was solved several weeks ago, and Apple released an update, so that even if you got an iPod touch that had a bad display, the update would remove the problem.

reecey92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2007
what do you mean jailbreak the iPod?

and theres still the 16G issue...

if im going to be using it for PDA/MP4/photos... 16G will fill up fast, specially if im putting videos on it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.