Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jakintosh™

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 21, 2007
This is assuming its jailbroken

only tested on a mac, should work on windows too.

In Installer.app, download BSD subsystem and dock.

then use ssh (i use cyberduck) to go to /Media/DCIM/ and make a 100APPLE folder (make sure all caps) and put that into the DCIM folder.

restart iPod.

use dock to take a screenshot. (you can do this in any app and home screen)

use SSH to go back into that folder (100APPLE) and take your pics off onto your computer!!

as of right now, if you have mobile finder and mobile preview installed, you can see them from your touch as well. (just go to Media/DCIM/100APPLE/ and double tap pic you want to open)

~Jak

P.S. Thanks for the awesome summerboard theme!

UPDATE: when iPod is plugged in, iphoto launches and you can import them from there!!

Attachments

• IMG_9000.png
    IMG_9000.png
    249.9 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_9003.png
    IMG_9003.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_9004.png
    IMG_9004.png
    55.9 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_9005.png
    IMG_9005.png
    36.6 KB · Views: 84

lunarlie

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2007
This is assuming its jailbroken

only tested on a mac, should work on windows too.

In Installer.app, download BSD subsystem and dock.

then use ssh (i use cyberduck) to go to /Media/DCIM/ and make a 100APPLE folder (make sure all caps) and put that into the DCIM folder.

restart iPod.

use dock to take a screenshot. (you can do this in any app and home screen)

use SSH to go back into that folder (100APPLE) and take your pics off onto your computer!!

as of right now, if you have mobile finder and mobile preview installed, you can see them from your touch as well. (just go to Media/DCIM/100APPLE/ and double tap pic you want to open)

~Jak

P.S. Thanks for the awesome summerboard theme!

UPDATE: when iPod is plugged in, iphoto launches and you can import them from there!!

you don't need to do all that...if you have the screenshot app and dock it will sync with iphoto anyway.

hmm everyone seems to have my theme...i suppose i'll change and be selfish next time ;)

Jakintosh™

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 21, 2007
well it never did that on mine, cuz there was never a folder for the pics to go in. all you really have to do is make the 100APPLE folder, i just elaborated a little. it works on iphone cuz when u use the cam, it automatically makes that folder. thats why it didn't work on the touch.

you don't need to do all that...if you have the screenshot app and dock it will sync with iphoto anyway.

hmm everyone seems to have my theme...i suppose i'll change and be selfish next time ;)

thats because it is an awesome theme!!!! good job

lunarlie

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2007
well all i did was mix icons from various themes and use a wallpaper i found :rolleyes: i'll make my own eventually....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.