Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PapZ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
Hi guys,

a couple of questions for you all:

1. After the marvellous jailbreak, will the iTouch earn the possibility of storing PDF documents?;

2. Is there a way (jailbreak or not) to store login and password in web forms? Every time I want to surf using WiFi at the university, I'm asked to insert a l : p, and it's a fuss to to that. In «normal» Safari I think that's supported, isn't it (I use Firefox)?

3. Does the e-book app manage every normal PDF I can upload via SFTP, or does it handle only the very few books available in Installer app (Bible and nothin more, basically)?

Thank you so much in advance,

Francesco

Lin

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2007
France
For the question 1, there is an app "PDFViewer" which is said to do just this. I had installed it, but still have to learn how to SFTP files into the required folder.
So far, there is NO "save" option from Safari :mad:

madmaxmedia

macrumors 68030
Dec 17, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
If you are on OS X you can use filemark maker to create bookmarks containing your pdf and access them from safari. No wi-fi connection/jailbreak required.

http://www.insanelygreattees.com/news/?p=51

This works really great, as long as your PDF files aren't too big. I have loaded files in the 10's of pages range, but haven't tried larger (I've heard of problems loading really large files.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.