PDA

View Full Version : Newbie AppleTV question

theSchtickler
Oct 15, 2007, 09:47 PM
Hey guys,
I was considering buying an appleTV, since someone told me I could play divx files with little piece of extra software....

But my question is this, say I have a bunch of movie files on my iMac, which is on the same network, is it possible to stream them direct to the AppleTV? It seems a little silly to copy them across everytime....

powerbook911
Oct 16, 2007, 12:35 AM
Hey guys,
I was considering buying an appleTV, since someone told me I could play divx files with little piece of extra software....

But my question is this, say I have a bunch of movie files on my iMac, which is on the same network, is it possible to stream them direct to the AppleTV? It seems a little silly to copy them across everytime....

Yes, the streaming features of the Apple TV are a strong point. I don't bother syncing anymore. I prefer streaming. It works really good.

However, getting the software changed might not be easy. I wouldn't want to do it. You could just buy something like Visual Hub and convert your divx videos to Apple TV high quality format.

mr_matalino
Oct 16, 2007, 04:02 PM
Hey guys,

You would not be able to stream the divx files if you were to hack your ATV to play them.