Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

samread

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
As a committed Apple computer user and a recent buyer of iPod touch, I cannot understand Apple's thinking in making editing of calendar impossible. OK, we can sync with the computer but making new entries while away from home is still a back-of-the-envelope job. Why??????

Ubuntu

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2005
UK/US
As a committed Apple computer user and a recent buyer of iPod touch, I cannot understand Apple's thinking in making editing of calendar impossible. OK, we can sync with the computer but making new entries while away from home is still a back-of-the-envelope job. Why??????

Guess they needed to make the iPod Touch deliberately inferior to the iPhone. The iPod is stable, the iPhone is a new product for Apple.

Evangelion

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2005
I jailbroke my touch, installed the calendar from the iPhone and enabled editing. I now have editable calendar that syncs with my desktop-calendar :)

samread

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
Calendar editing

Yes - but a) you had to have an iPhone (which I won't have), b) you had to invalidate your touch guarantee and c) you had to know how to do it - which I don't. How much more sensible to provide the faciltity in the first place.

rafski

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2007
I believe Steve Jobs has already stated that this bug (Yea right) would be fixed in a future release.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.